CT Sen: POLL SHOCK! Quinnipiac sez Dodd trails all candidates (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 02:03:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  2010 Senatorial Election Polls
  CT Sen: POLL SHOCK! Quinnipiac sez Dodd trails all candidates (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CT Sen: POLL SHOCK! Quinnipiac sez Dodd trails all candidates  (Read 7380 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: April 02, 2009, 09:33:26 AM »

I'm sure Dodd can dirty up "too conservative for Connecticut" Caligiuri and his four point lead would evaporate but Simmons sitting at 50% is really good news.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 09:55:06 AM »

Can Obama just give Dodd an appointment to somewhere in the state department?  He speaks Spanish, so Politico's Smith suggested an Ambassador to Mexico.

Yes, please! Senator Simmons even earlier thanks to Governor Rell.  Wink
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 12:53:56 PM »

Can Obama just give Dodd an appointment to somewhere in the state department?  He speaks Spanish, so Politico's Smith suggested an Ambassador to Mexico.

And then he's gone in 2010 and the seat is safe. It's not much different than Bunning's threat to resign that you brushed off.

Uh, how is he automatically gone and the seat is suddenly safe? Simmons then has an incumbent advantage and he's a moderate.

I don't know how Bunning's threat (which I brushed off) is related. Dodd isn't threatening to resign. It was an idea that Lunar came up with.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 01:01:01 PM »

And then he's gone in 2010 and the seat is safe. It's not much different than Bunning's threat to resign that you brushed off.

Uh, how is he automatically gone and the seat is suddenly safe? Simmons then has an incumbent advantage and he's a moderate.

Simmons was an incumbent who lost in a House seat that's more Republican than the state at large. The Democrats are favored in any CT Senate race with a non-tainted incumbent, that's pretty obvious.

Yes, he lost in a horrible year.

Just because he's from CT doesn't mean that he'd definitely be a goner in a midterm election.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 09:32:52 PM »

What if Democrats lose control of the House in trying to get those 62 or 63 seats in the Senate?  If Democrats lose the House, it probably isnt coming back.  If they lose a Senate seat, they will likely get it back. 

If Democrats lose the House, we're going to lose a hell of a lot of Senators, too...

Democrats dont have that many Senators that could lose.  Just Dodd, Bennett, and maybe Reid. 

Reid is safe and if Bennet loses it will be to a Democrat, not a Republican.  The only Democratic incumbents I'm worried about are CT (if Dodd doesn't retire) and NY (if there's a bloody primary and Pataki runs).

Amazing how people speak in absolute certainty concerning races in swing states.  Roll Eyes

I also like how the CO seat isn't winnable for a Republican but NY is a possible toss up.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2009, 09:46:39 PM »

Not that I think that NY is vulnerable, but he did mention a likely candidate in NY. Who does the CO GOP have? Tancredo? Musgrave?

I'm sure the CO GOP will have enough sense, despite their disastrous state, to find someone other than the two you've mentioned for the seat.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2009, 08:47:29 AM »

What if Democrats lose control of the House in trying to get those 62 or 63 seats in the Senate?  If Democrats lose the House, it probably isnt coming back.  If they lose a Senate seat, they will likely get it back. 

If Democrats lose the House, we're going to lose a hell of a lot of Senators, too...

Democrats dont have that many Senators that could lose.  Just Dodd, Bennett, and maybe Reid. 

Reid is safe and if Bennet loses it will be to a Democrat, not a Republican.  The only Democratic incumbents I'm worried about are CT (if Dodd doesn't retire) and NY (if there's a bloody primary and Pataki runs).

Amazing how people speak in absolute certainty concerning races in swing states.  Roll Eyes

I also like how the CO seat isn't winnable for a Republican but NY is a possible toss up.

Democrats didnt pick Gillibrand and possibly lose NY-20 so they could lose a Senate seat.  New York is one of the bluest states in the nation.  It would be like a Democrat representing Texas. 

Ok but it's less likely than losing CO.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2009, 11:10:01 AM »

A former Selectman? Next...
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2009, 11:10:51 AM »

Hey, what's Ned Lamont up to these days?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2009, 11:14:19 AM »

the heir to part of JP Morgan's fortune probably isn't going to primary Dodd from the populist anger angle

It wouldn't be the first time that Ned was inconsistent.  Wink
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies