Started from the bottom, now I'm here
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 08:33:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Started from the bottom, now I'm here
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Started from the bottom, now I'm here  (Read 2321 times)
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 13, 2015, 01:25:22 PM »
« edited: July 13, 2015, 01:38:06 PM by Sawx, King in the North »

In case you guys couldn't tell, I'm the new mod around here. I'd like to thank everyone who put a good word in for me, and I'd like to thank you all for putting up with me and respecting me enough to get to this point. Honestly, I didn't get the point of this place, but after seeing the utter Clinton-Sanders warzone that's Atlas's politics board, I'd rather be here. Usually, I'm pretty free on discussion – I'm not going to start censoring unconventional views under the guise of “excessive hyperbole”, but there are some guidelines I should probably go over:

1. Forum rules apply here. Try to cut down on profanity – there are more important things for us to do than going into posts and censoring f-words and s-words, and the less you swear, the more time we can focus our matters on important things. This also includes not being nasty to other users.

2. Hate against a certain group will not be tolerated. If you don't like a candidate, that's fine. However, racism, misogyny, homophobia, and the like don't have a place on the forum. If you make one small remark, then you'll probably get a warning, but more severe ones will get an on-spot infraction.

3. Don't troll. Trolling includes posting false information, or doing things to get a rise out of most of the forum. This, of course, won't be construed to censoring opinions, or removing false facts or general stupidity.

4. If you have a problem with my moderating, shoot me a PM – but don't spam my inbox over it. I'll usually get back to you pretty quickly.

My job is to enforce these rules, and technically to punish you if you break them, but I'm not going to start throwing around death points willy-nilly. Usually, I'll resort to calling you out myself before throwing out infractions, and I'd only report posts myself to infract them only in severe situations. If I have to delete a post, then so be it, but I'll usually just remove the offending material.

Personal Preferences:

* Really not a fan of necromancy. For example, if the Trump vs. Mexico omnibus dies and he makes another racist comment, then it's probably best to revive it. However, if you add a one-liner to a thread where discussion's long dead, I'm probably gonna roll my eyes (and if it's a problem, a PM). Nothing infractable.

* Don't try and dominate the threads made. We've got a bunch of people that want to post news and their own questions – and I'd rather not see the page being filled with one person's questions. Once again – nothing infractable, and unless you're spamming I'm not going to give you hell for it.

* Be civil. Let's be real here - we're all guilty of not exactly being the nicest people around (including me), but don't start personally attacking people over stupid things.

Also, modspeak: If I'm talking in dark green text, that means I'm speaking as a moderator - not as a member of the community. This is for more official warnings.

That's really it. Looking forward to actually becoming a part of this community.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 02:28:16 PM »

And... Atlas is destroyed.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2015, 03:14:23 PM »

What?!

Well done. Wink
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2015, 09:22:43 PM »

Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2015, 09:24:12 PM »

Congrats
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2015, 10:21:50 PM »

Congrats, it is a brave task taking on the 2016 board.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2015, 10:36:55 PM »

Why?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2015, 11:03:34 AM »

Manager of the Bottom.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2015, 07:21:37 PM »

Congrats Mr. Tsipras, but no reforms can save Greece's Bad Atlas' inevitable collapse.

I look forward to your resignation and handing over the reigns to Classic Conservative.

Good luck, Sawx.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2015, 11:00:53 AM »

Congrats Mr. Tsipras, but no reforms can save Greece's Bad Atlas' inevitable collapse.

I look forward to your resignation and handing over the reigns to Classic Conservative.

Good luck, Sawx.

Well, that didn't take long.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2015, 11:24:14 PM »

So was he banned or something? I heard about that on the "The Atlas" subforum.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2015, 11:28:20 PM »

So was he banned or something? I heard about that on the "The Atlas" subforum.

He was tempbanned for threatening other posters on IRC.  He's now been de-modded by Dave.  Whether his tempban will be extended to a permaban, I don't know.  Ball's in Nym's court.  Anyway, I'll lock this thread.  Further discussion on thist topic should go in the Forum Community board.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies