NYC Mayor/2021 Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 04:13:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NYC Mayor/2021 Megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NYC Mayor/2021 Megathread  (Read 129172 times)
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« on: January 14, 2021, 01:59:18 AM »

Copying and pasting some thoughts I wrote out on Twitter cuz I don't feel like rephrasing it for here.

This guy is so hard to pin down. On the one hand, he does talk about issues that are important and even forward-thinking, but he seems to do so without command of the topic or any grasp of how legislation works. I remember during his Presidential campaign, it seemed like almost every issue he talked about related back to UBI. As if he did not have a complex understanding of how poverty or systemic injustice works other than “the absence of money.” The Times piece in the OP refers to him as a “neophyte” and even that feels too charitable. He’s more like a layman. A lot of the things he espouses are rooted in the abstract of what *could* be done as opposed to what *can* be done. And not in a “this idea is pie-in-the-sky” kind of way, more like “well if I think this is a good idea, it must be a good idea” He doesn’t understand legislation, he doesn’t understand government, he doesn’t understand governing. He admits that he’s never voted for mayor because he has “taken city government for granted.” How can you run for President while not having an appreciation for local politics? It seems like it’s a lot more vain than altruistic. It’s like he wants the credit for being the genius who figured out that poverty is bad. He doesn’t want to govern, he wants to be a movie star. It always rubbed me the wrong way that he would run for Pres w/o govt experience. After we elected Donald Trump, who ran for POTUS for the personal glory without understanding how government or legislating works, YOU’RE the guy who should succeed him? Someone who has virtually the same resume as Trump? That takes a lot of ambition. And not in a good way. I’ve always been skeptical of Yang and this article further proves that he may not really understand politics or issues outside of a very elementary grasp of things. It’s like he’s arrived at the correct answer without doing the work. It’s very technocratic.
Perhaps, but he can lead us to victory and he can get us a nice cult.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2021, 02:08:31 PM »

Go Wiley, or Garcia, or anyone who isn't Adams!
Mayor Stringer is delighted by your endorsement.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2021, 06:27:33 PM »

Please be Asians turning out at unprecedented numbers in Queens, please.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2021, 07:40:18 PM »

Averroes when we suggest having remote school for high schoolers in areas with high Covid rates:

Averroes when someone suggests having literally 400 kid sized classrooms in normal times:
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2021, 09:03:57 PM »

Yeah Yang’s political career is in a tough spot.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2021, 09:05:30 PM »

Where is the precinct map?
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2021, 09:18:29 PM »

It’s over, Adams has won.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to: