Rep. Jim Jordan covered up his COVID infection
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 04:43:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Rep. Jim Jordan covered up his COVID infection
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Rep. Jim Jordan covered up his COVID infection  (Read 790 times)
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2021, 11:05:08 AM »

Why is his Health Status the public's business?

When was HIPPA repealed?

If he was going around people while contagious, that's one thing.  The article doesn't seem to say that.  But if I had COVID-19 and isolated until the quarantine period is over, whiat business is that of yours?
No such bill named "HIPPA" was ever passed, so I'm a little confused as to what you're talking about. I would guess you meant HIPAA, but nothing in that bill pertains to your point, so it can't be that either.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2021, 11:55:31 AM »

When was HIPPA repealed?

If he was going around people while contagious, that's one thing.  The article doesn't seem to say that.  But if I had COVID-19 and isolated until the quarantine period is over, whiat business is that of yours?
No such bill named "HIPPA" was ever passed, so I'm a little confused as to what you're talking about. I would guess you meant HIPAA, but nothing in that bill pertains to your point, so it can't be that either.

From the CDC, its very self:

The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) is a federal law that required the creation of national standards to protect sensitive patient health information from being disclosed without the patient's consent or knowledge.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2021, 12:46:47 PM »

When was HIPPA repealed?

The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) is a federal law that required the creation of national standards to protect sensitive patient health information from being disclosed without the patient's consent or knowledge.
You may notice, per your own source, that HIPAA prohibits the disclosure of health records from certain people, such as your doctor and health insurance provider, among others. It does not, you may notice, protect you from journalists reporting on your own words that you, of your own volition, said to them. Bringing up HIPAA is a complete non sequitor, unless you think Jordan somehow violated his own rights
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2021, 03:07:42 PM »

When was HIPPA repealed?

You may notice, per your own source, that HIPAA prohibits the disclosure of health records from certain people, such as your doctor and health insurance provider, among others. It does not, you may notice, protect you from journalists reporting on your own words that you, of your own volition, said to them. Bringing up HIPAA is a complete non sequitor, unless you think Jordan somehow violated his own rights

What I'm saying is that Jordan has no  legal or moral obligation to disclose his health status just because people want to know.   
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2021, 03:47:26 PM »

When was HIPPA repealed?

What I'm saying is that Jordan has no  legal or moral obligation to disclose his health status just because people want to know.   
Ok? He still chose to do it. Nobody said anything about his legal or moral obligations
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies