America is becoming MORE homophobic (new polls) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 10:39:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  America is becoming MORE homophobic (new polls) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: America is becoming MORE homophobic (new polls)  (Read 5693 times)
Old Man Willow
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: January 25, 2018, 04:45:30 PM »

Eh, I think Trump/Pence is just making homophobes, racists and sexists more embolden in being honest about their hatred.

But where is the proof? All I get from Democrats is anecdotes.  I only see concrete evidence that the perpetrators of hate-related crimes only increased with minority groups that normally vote Democrat. Hate crimes went down against African Americans and increased for whites and Hispanics by 2%. 

Additionally, polls indicate that most Americans support DACA and citizenship for illegal immigration. Current events indicates that people are becoming socially conscious about sexism, and less emboldened about sexually-motivated crimes. 

The only way one can link Trump/Pence with the emboldening of homophobes, racists and sexism is if you conflate these forms of bigotry with public criticism, such as transgender bathrooms with homophobia; overstated statistic statistics of the gender wage gap, convicting people before trials and disagreement with policy with sexism; and providing citizenship to DACA recipient and Illegal immigrant on condition that a wall is built with racism. 

And Nitpicking anecdotes to support that opinion is like conservatives using Islamic terrorist attacks to support the idea of a travel ban.  Its manipulative and completely driven by political groups, in addition to media organizations like CNN and FOX that want to stoke the flames. 

I don't know about hate crimes, but when it comes to anti-gay bigotry there is a decent point about minorities having these views, some of the most hateful anti gay comments I see online are from black women.
Old Man Willow
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2018, 10:44:54 AM »

This is basically entirely a result of the new prominence of the transgender movement.

A lot of people came around to acceptance of gays because they were convinced by arguments that "gays just want the same rights as you, there's no slippery slope"

but now we see that it's a mainstream liberal position that children should be given sex change hormones and puberty blockers.

There obviously was a slippery slope and people feel like they were tricked into supporting gays under false pretenses.

No one needs their support, especially when it's from people of such low moral character. They just need to mind their own damn business. Worry about their own lives.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies