Dems in 2008: 12 Pickup Opportunities in Senate? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 08:46:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Dems in 2008: 12 Pickup Opportunities in Senate? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Dems in 2008: 12 Pickup Opportunities in Senate?  (Read 10547 times)
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

« on: May 16, 2008, 03:08:11 PM »

Nebraska, Texas, North Carolina, Mississippi and Virginia won't be competitive.

New Mexico, New Hampshire, Minnesota, Maine and Oregon are pretty much leaning one way as well but they have the potential to be competitive unlike the ones listed above.

You you crazy??? NC will be a battleground state between hagan and dole. Do you not look at polls?
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 05:47:11 PM »

10) North Carolina

Safe R.  I know the numbers look bad for Liddy now but that's just it.  This is now.  It's a long way to November and North Carolina is still a blue state, not a purple one.

[/quote]

The Democratic Party at a local/state leve is very strong in NC. Dole will not win.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 06:02:40 PM »

10) North Carolina
[/quote]

North Carolina won't be competitive this Senate season. Liddy Dole should be able to win re-election in 2008. If Obama cannot win in North Carolina, then I doubt Kay Hagan can either. Dole should be able to defeat Hagan 55-45%. R HOLD

[/quote]

Dole didn't even get 55% the when she won the first time against a sucky candidate.  The go around, Dole isn't that popular, she hasn't done anything at all. Obama will bring out high black and young voter that will vote for all democrats. Dole will be sent back to KS with her loser husband.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 06:34:55 PM »

Dole didn't even get 55% the when she won the first time against a sucky candidate.  The go around, Dole isn't that popular, she hasn't done anything at all. Obama will bring out high black and young voter that will vote for all democrats. Dole will be sent back to KS with her loser husband.

See I told you my predictions of their respective margins of victory was bad Tongue. And whilst Obama might bring out a record high turn out of African-Americans and the young, do you believe that Obama would be able to swing North Carolina in 2008? I don't forsee it occuring in 2008, North Carolina, especially in Presidential Elections is a safe Republican state.

Well Dole only got 53% of the vote in 2002, with it being an election year and high black and young voters turn-out, I smell a Hagan win.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies