To be an Un-American American (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 09:38:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  To be an Un-American American (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: To be an Un-American American  (Read 2261 times)
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« on: April 04, 2015, 12:11:39 PM »
« edited: April 04, 2015, 12:26:38 PM by Charlotte Hebdo »

And secondly I hear that Scandinavian social democratic paradises are actually not very friendly towards foreigners (they largely work because of "I have mine, now bugger off!").  Which I guess is about the best way I know of to say that if you are looking for a bunch of bad apples in any place you are bound to find them.

Islamophobia does not equate general xenophobia.

Scandinavian Islamophonbia would hardly be relevant for an American atheist (+ he is even White). And Hockey has secular liberal values that would be mainstream in Sweden, so he wouldn't offend (well, maybe the odd radical feminist, but mostly).
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2015, 12:37:34 PM »

1. America is a dump, you are correct.
2. Mecha is correct - Sweden is also a dump, just in a different way. You would not fit in or be happy living there. A dying, xenophobic pseudo-social democracy is not the left-wing paradise you think it is any more so than a dying supercapitalist state is.
3. Everywhere is a dump, learn to live with it and stop caring about events that don't affect you. Deal with your own life, that's all you can do.

1. The Western world is not dying.

2. How do you go from the country that has taken more refugees per capita than any other in Europe and celebrates multiculturalism as an official ideology to xenophobic? 13% for a right wing populist party does not translate into general xenophobia.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies