Fox Biz Jan 14 Debate Criteria - Top 6 National or Top 5 in IA/NH (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 09:58:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Fox Biz Jan 14 Debate Criteria - Top 6 National or Top 5 in IA/NH (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Fox Biz Jan 14 Debate Criteria - Top 6 National or Top 5 in IA/NH  (Read 19286 times)
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« on: December 22, 2015, 09:15:42 PM »

Unless Paul somehow manages to surge in Iowa before the debate, I think he's toast.

Also very excited for a non-Kasich, non-Fiorina, non-Paul debate.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2015, 11:38:25 PM »

Unless Paul somehow manages to surge in Iowa before the debate, I think he's toast.

Also very excited for a non-Kasich, non-Fiorina, non-Paul debate.

Don't forget that Iowa has a good ground game for the Paulites, just something to ponder on... Plus, you do know we still have time for another shuffling around in the polls. If the IA caucus were held on this same date 4 years ago, Santorum wouldn't have won IA, for example. So I think we might see a surprise or 2 yet! Wink

Santorum was polling better at this point than Paul is now. I am as perplexed as you are as to how 10% of the Republican electorate can up and disappear (a good share might have like me jettisoned him for Cruz or Trump), but I do not see it coming back unless Rand Paul lives in Iowa for the next month (and even then, his time would be better spent in New Hampshire).

I actually disagree with this assumption. New Hampshire, ideally, sounds like a good fit for a Paul-like character, but it's already being trampled by Trump, Christie, Bush, Kasich, most people are jockeying here hoping New Hampshire will save them. Iowa is only being fought for by Ted Cruz and maybe some of the religious conservatives, but they are gaining no traction. At this point, Rand Paul would have less of a fight if he just staked it all in Iowa.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2016, 07:27:55 PM »

I think Jeb bumped Rand because Rand is kind of close to fifth in Iowa but not quite.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2016, 08:16:45 PM »

Rand is higher than Jeb, Fiorina, Kasich, and Christie. This is absolutely bogus. 

Not true, but he is higher than Kasich, who will be in the main debate.

My point still stands. Rand should be in and Kasich out. It's the media wonks who want to stack the debate in favor of the establishment candidates (Trump, Jeb, Kasich, Christie) to attack Cruz.

Kasich didn't bump Rand out of the debate though. Rand is ahead of Kasich nationally, but not in New Hampshire. 

Still Rand should be in and Kasich out. Kasich did because of establishment wing of GOP friendly Fox.

Some at Fox have the same grudge the Establishment Wing of the GOP towards the Paul family. Don't say that it (the grudge) doesn't exist. Goes back to 2008.

Debate criteria is based on polling position you idiot.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2016, 08:53:29 PM »

lol Reince Preibus sucks at his job.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies