Disney removes channels (eg ESPN) from Spectrum (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 06:48:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Disney removes channels (eg ESPN) from Spectrum (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Disney removes channels (eg ESPN) from Spectrum  (Read 980 times)
Redban

« on: September 02, 2023, 07:53:09 AM »
« edited: September 02, 2023, 07:58:07 AM by Redban »

I use Spectrum myself, and I turned on my TV this morning to see the message: “Disney has removed their programming from Spectrum. We are fighting to keep costs down while maintaining consumer choice”

I don’t watch Disney channel of course. But I do watch ESPN. Currently, the ESPN channel shows this long message: “we offered the Walt Disney company a fair deal, yet they are demanding but they refused etc etc etc”

Spectrum has 14.7 million subscribers

https://www.cnn.com/2023/09/01/media/disney-spectrum-cable-carriage-deal/index.html
Redban

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2023, 08:53:28 AM »

this is the hundredth time (at least) that a cable company has tried to go to war with a network over costs.  With mixed results.  The current model for making money off of entertainment is in flux, but this kind of thing has been going on since at least the 90s.

And how many of them had the size, influence, audience that Disney (and Disney networks do)? Trying the downplay the significance of this story by saying, “it’s happened before” misses the difference between Disney and some network named TNN that drew 150k viewers at prime time
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies