France 2012: Official Results Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 10:11:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  France 2012: Official Results Thread (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: France 2012: Official Results Thread  (Read 147657 times)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2012, 01:25:24 PM »

Does it really matter who runs France?  I mean, isn't the international economic/debt leash on it so tight now, that the government's only big decision is what color of pencils to use?  Just asking.
Nah. France (and Sarko) is fairly big, it'll shake the tiny pro-total-deluge bureaucratic minority that currently runs things. Though only, of course, up to a point - PS being a centrist social democratic party. This might prevent your type from self-destructing, but it won't shake your grip on power. Smiley
So if Hollande messes up what are the chances we see Sarkozy again in 2017? Or does that not happen in France?
Happens in France, but won't to that thing. Trust me on that. A Sarkozy that's proven his beatability might as well never have been born in terms of future electability. Not that that ends his type of politics, of course. Not in the slightest.
Sarkozy is joining Giscard club.

Alas, poor Valery Sad
Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2012, 01:29:45 PM »

Lozère

24,036 - 23,991. So close!
Lol.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2012, 01:33:30 PM »

"We're only 7-8 years behind Greece as things are going". Peter Harry Carstensen, allowed to say such things because he wasn't running for reelection
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2012, 01:42:12 PM »

Does it really matter who runs France?  I mean, isn't the international economic/debt leash on it so tight now, that the government's only big decision is what color of pencils to use?  Just asking.
Nah. France (and Sarko) is fairly big, it'll shake the tiny pro-total-deluge bureaucratic minority that currently runs things. Though only, of course, up to a point - PS being a centrist social democratic party. This might prevent your type from self-destructing, but it won't shake your grip on power. Smiley
So if Hollande messes up what are the chances we see Sarkozy again in 2017? Or does that not happen in France?
Happens in France, but won't to that thing. Trust me on that. A Sarkozy that's proven his beatability might as well never have been born in terms of future electability. Not that that ends his type of politics, of course. Not in the slightest.
Sarkozy is joining Giscard club.

Alas, poor Valery Sad
Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

Pro total deluge eh?  You mean you think Sarko has policies that will lead to another sans culotte takeover or something, causing a "destruction" of the bourgeoisie? Or is it something more subtle. Or is it just rhetoric. Tongue
Nah, just to a self-inflicted economic meltdown of the Eurozone (read all its weaker particles, but if all of them go, then where does that leave the French and German "real" economy? Yeah right.) But it's partly rhetoric, and also partly the booze talking. I warned you all that I'd be quite drunk by the time I'd be back from Karlsruhe.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2012, 01:47:58 PM »

To be fair 48+% for Sarko would just be obscene. Let's hope it's close to IFOP's 47.2%
I agree. 47% is really my personal over-under. Smiley
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2012, 01:55:03 PM »

Lol, just noticed Hollande cracked 70 on Guadeloupe.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2012, 02:03:08 PM »

Likely beating Mitterrand's margin is a Pyrrhic victory? Are you serious?

So, even people abroad make the error to compare it to Mitterand's victory...

All those people forcing themselves to try relive 1981 on the Place de la Bastille right now are, well...
1981 was a different effing world.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2012, 02:16:32 PM »

I'm copping out of this election. Two is enough to follow. Alert me if this goes into >53 or <51 territory within the next two hours or so somehow.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2012, 02:30:21 PM »

Lol, guys, Hollande is the second President of Corrèze General Council to be elected President of the Republic.
Who's the current one? Clearly we're looking at our future overlord.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2012, 02:36:35 PM »

Back again after drinking some celebratory cider from Brittany. Very nice as well.

So, anyway, a point of interest already: Hollande carries the Territoire de Belfort.
Cantal seemed more interesting.

Cider from the Wetterau, pilsener from Karlsruhe, plum schnapps from god knows where, spirit of quince by Alde Gott.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2012, 02:47:26 PM »

Oh, sure. But already mentioned. Haute-Loire as well.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

And you're still capable of making halfway intelligent comments about elections. Quite a trooper.
But only halfway.

Also, buzz starting to wear off. Hmmm... I still have some applewine kicking around the house... also an unopened bottle of... no, better not to go there. Gotta work tomorrow. (Danish Aquavit, in case you wondered, but I won't.)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2012, 02:51:27 PM »

I have a question- I read Hollande divorced Segolene Royal...did that cause any dynamic? Did Royal endorse him?

She surprisingly turned sane, and yes, did, she even has been one his biggest fighters.
The separation was in 2007, of course, but yeah the fact that they used to be an item is one of those things you try to wrap your head around, fail, and then forget all about until clarence reminds you of it. Smiley
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2012, 02:58:01 PM »

Back again after drinking some celebratory cider from Brittany. Very nice as well.

So, anyway, a point of interest already: Hollande carries the Territoire de Belfort.

Not by far.
Sarkozy's map seems to be (again) more FN than in the first round.

Sarkozy won Manche only by 50.1 !
Lol.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2012, 04:35:30 AM »

Awesome map ! Smiley

It's impressive how nearly all major cities have voted for Hollande... Is the PS turning into the democratic party ?
It's certainly not there yet... you wouldn't get the bourgeois enclaves in the center of Nantes or Bordeaux otherwise. (And those in the Paris metro would be partially elsewhere.)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2012, 03:02:38 PM »

Isn't the north of France larger than it should be
What are you, a Flemish irredentist?
Pages: 1 [2]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies