SB 2018-319: Atlasian School Safety Expansion Act (Final Vote) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 09:14:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SB 2018-319: Atlasian School Safety Expansion Act (Final Vote) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SB 2018-319: Atlasian School Safety Expansion Act (Final Vote)  (Read 2051 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: October 17, 2018, 02:56:56 AM »

It's alive! It's ALIVE!!!!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2018, 06:23:00 PM »

It is not impossible to do. I remember one school that was very secure and yes you had multiple entrances.

One possible way of doing this is to have locked fire doors. That is they are locked from the outside but can be opened from the inside, but immediately open being opened it sets off the fire alarm. That way you avoid the fire risk while still keeping people from entering the building itself, and yes a lot of these shootings are by people who have entered from outside as opposed to being active students.

Armed guards and checkpoints might be a little more difficult to pull off and in some case not feasible, but I think it would be a mistake to see this whole bill fail yet again because of a lack of amendments and debates in this regard.

Unfortunately the 24 hours for objections expired just before I swore in as Senator.

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2018, 02:36:05 AM »

I think the most deeply disturbing thing of all here is that we are yet again going fail to do anything about school safety.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2018, 11:02:06 AM »

Abstain

I think the most deeply disturbing thing of all here is that we are yet again going fail to do anything about school safety.

It should be a regional issue. And I do have a regional bill planned. Kind of hard though when the federal government purports to dictate the architecture and safety protocols of every local school in the country. Mandatory metal detectors in all schools is retarded. Mandatory fencing at all schools is retarded.

Well that creates a self-fulfilling prophesy. If the South were to move in this regard, it would discourage such federal action and dictates. However, I would note that we are not completely helpless in this regard either. Even in the context of Regional control of education, the Federal Government should be provide support and resources in a responsible and respectful manner (few strings attached).

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies