2020 Census and Redistricting Thread: Louisiana (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 06:50:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  2020 Census and Redistricting Thread: Louisiana (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2020 Census and Redistricting Thread: Louisiana  (Read 40914 times)
If my soul was made of stone
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -5.57

« on: November 27, 2021, 07:06:56 PM »

At the expense of most other priorities that one values in redistricting, and with extremely sketchy road contiguity (gotta love Pontchartrain Causeway abuse!), I managed to draw a map of Louisiana with three majority-minority seats, the seat resembling the current 2nd being Black-majority:

This image shows 2020 presidential colors; JBE wins the northern seat as well.
If my soul was made of stone
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -5.57

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2021, 06:54:22 PM »

I took a crack at a State Senate map:

Trump '20 wins 25 of 39 seats. JBE wins only three more than Biden, due to racial polarization and geographic disadvantage. Drawing a map where he wins a majority of seats requires throwing compactness and ideal minority representation out the window entirely.

11 seats are >40% Black VAP. The ugliness in Jefferson Parish is for the sake of maximizing minority representation against the totalizing wishes of the Big White Brick That Once Sent David Duke To The State House.

As I was asked on Discord before posting this here, I have checked to make sure that every seat has adequate road contiguity.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies