What's up with the really weird mock election results?

(1/1)

DPKdebator:
Looking at the results of past mock presidential elections, I find them very confusing:

2008:

2012:

2016:

I don't see any correlation between any of these results. 2008 was a landslide for McCain, 2012 produced a really splintered map with a Gary Johnson win, and 2016 is a 47-state wallop for Hillary. The 2016 mock election results make sense to me, but what's up with 2012 and 2008, and why are all three elections so different?

The Dowager Mod:
I know we were invaded by Libertarians after a link to the mock vote was put on a site.

IceSpear:
Quote from: TexasGurl on June 19, 2018, 04:40:34 PM

I know we were invaded by Libertarians after a link to the mock vote was put on a site.

And the 2008 one was linked by Free Republic, I believe.

It's funny how Atlas is always wrong though, lol.

Anzeigenhauptmeister:
Quote from: TexasGurl on June 19, 2018, 04:40:34 PM

It's actually pretty amazing that Hillary won the mock election, as most sites were undermined by Trump bots and claqueurs during that time.

Anzeigenhauptmeister:
Quote from: DPKdebator on June 19, 2018, 03:51:08 PM

Looking at the results of past mock presidential elections, I find them very confusing.
I don't see any correlation between any of these results. 2008 was a landslide for McCain, 2012 produced a really splintered map with a Gary Johnson win, and 2016 is a 47-state wallop for Hillary. The 2016 mock election results make sense to me, but what's up with 2012 and 2008, and why are all three elections so different?

It could make sense if Atlas is undermined by Hillary supporters that were hopping mad at Obama winning the nomination and therefore waited for eight years for her becoming the nominee.
Plus, 2012 was the year of Ron Paul; his supporters sought refuge in him after the GOP had given him the ax.

Navigation

[0] Message Index