FL-SEN(Quinnipiac): Nelson +7 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 03:49:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  FL-SEN(Quinnipiac): Nelson +7 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL-SEN(Quinnipiac): Nelson +7  (Read 4974 times)
Former Dean Phillips Supporters for Haley (I guess???!?) 👁️
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« on: September 25, 2018, 12:14:56 PM »

Outstanding freedom poll.
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2018, 12:21:58 PM »

Interesting how Atlas is writing off a poll from one of the nation's best pollsters as an "outlier" because they don't believe it to be plausible. When those "Scott +6" polls came out from far worse pollsters nobody was complaining.

It is just like TX-SEN, people ignoring Quinnipiac and trusting in a large group of low quality pollsters that are all herding together.
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2018, 12:24:52 PM »

I know, remember when they had Ted Cruz up 9 also?
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2018, 12:39:13 PM »

Interesting how a poll from one of the few reputable pollsters polling this race is "junk." I agree that it's most likely an outlier, but the idea that this race is shifting in Nelson's favor isn't implausible.

It’s not, but a 7-point lead is a bit hard to believe, especially after their Cruz +9 (54-45) poll (which most people called an "outlier" as well). That said, I’d rather be Nelson than Scott at this point, and people might be underestimating how much the red tide problem is hurting Scott.

It's not remotely implausible that Dems could have a substantial lead in FL and Reps have a substantial lead in TX at the same time. In 2012, Nelson won 55-42 and Cruz won 56-40. That is if anything a far higher divergence (Nelson +13 and Cruz +14) than merely Nelson +7 and Cruz + 9. Both of the 2 Quinnipiac polls are consistent with the fundamentals of each state/past election results of each state, with Nelson doing a bit worse because Scott is a good candidate willing to spend millions, while Cruz is doing worse because Beto is a good candidate running in a good Dem year in TX.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies