2013 Elections in Germany (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 11:44:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  2013 Elections in Germany (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2013 Elections in Germany  (Read 273873 times)
Rob Bloom
Mirendorff
Rookie
Germany

« on: April 02, 2013, 05:55:28 AM »
« edited: April 02, 2013, 04:59:58 PM by Rob Bloom »

Apart from historical reasons and different programmes there is also a personal matter that caused the mistrust between SPD and Linke: Oskar Lafontaine, who had left his offices as finance minister and leader of the SPD in 1999 very suddenly after quarrels with Chancellor Schröder, later became the most popular politician of Linke in western Germany. He is still powerful and likes to dis his old party whenever possible. It seems that both parties can't trust each other completely as long as he is around.
Rob Bloom
Mirendorff
Rookie
Germany

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 04:49:08 AM »

Even I would (hypothetically) vote for Merkel ... as a Green voter.

Maybe I would, too.
That is, if I knew where she stands on any issue. She just doesn't take a stand and won't get on the record on anything, whether it's the NPD ban, the future development of the "energiewende" (energy transformation) or the treatment of nuclear waste.
Rob Bloom
Mirendorff
Rookie
Germany

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 03:38:01 PM »
« Edited: April 23, 2013, 03:39:36 PM by Rob Bloom »

AfD is rather a threat for another black-yellow majority in September. They might be able to gain enough former FDP-votes to keep the party below five percent. A significant part of FDP-supporters is dissatisfied with Merkel's management of the Euro-crisis.
Rob Bloom
Mirendorff
Rookie
Germany

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2013, 03:08:33 PM »
« Edited: September 02, 2013, 03:10:18 PM by Rob Bloom »

It is well known that Sigmund Gottlieb is a partisan of CSU and the Merkel administration. But nevertheless I was surprised (and disgusted) how obviously he took side against Trittin and Gysi during today's debate, while he was supposed to be a neutral journalist.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies