Opinion of quote "A Christian society would be what we now call Leftist"? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 05:44:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Opinion of quote "A Christian society would be what we now call Leftist"? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Opinion of quote?
FQ

HQ

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 20

Author Topic: Opinion of quote "A Christian society would be what we now call Leftist"?  (Read 1429 times)
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 0.35

P P
« on: October 15, 2022, 11:51:16 PM »
« edited: October 15, 2022, 11:55:01 PM by Aurelius »

It's tough to argue with honestly. If you read the New Testament, Christian day-to-day life and organization seems to be very collectivist and revolves around communities providing for the needs of each other. I've long argued that biblical Christianity is completely incompatible with the lifestyles of modern Americans.
And basically any large, complex society.

No wonder that Christianity has developed so many interpretations to shoehorn it into literally any ideological framework you can think of. Jesus gave the slaves and the oppressed dignity and worth, but he gave them no guidance for how to live once they were no longer slaves or oppressed.

Yeah I know, I'm a broken record on this.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies