Pro Choice / Pro Life - who is winning the "Culture war" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 01:49:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Pro Choice / Pro Life - who is winning the "Culture war" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Pro Choice / Pro Life - who is winning the "Culture war"
The GOP and it's allies - Clear Winner

It's close - but the GOP has an edge

It's close - but the Dems have an edge

The Dems and  itheir allies - Clear Winner

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 74

Author Topic: Pro Choice / Pro Life - who is winning the "Culture war"  (Read 2865 times)
The Vorlon
Vorlon
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -4.21

« on: June 04, 2005, 05:23:06 PM »
« edited: June 04, 2005, 05:43:40 PM by The Vorlon »

More than income, more than education, a factor that STRONGLY predicts how folks will vote is their view on abortion...

The Voting facts....

Abortion should be "alway legal"

=> Voted Kerry 73% / Bush 25%

Abortion should be "always illegal"

=> Voted Bush 77% / Kerry 22%

How did you vote, and what tactics on either side do you believe are particularly effective?

<<NOTE - this is NOT a prolife/pro choice debate - it is a discussion of the political impact/effectiveness of the tactics of the various organizations>>
The Vorlon
Vorlon
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -4.21

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2005, 08:18:14 PM »

The Democrats will eventually win. Younger people are more tolerant. A majority of those under 30 favor gay marriage (no, not civil unions, marriage).

Younger people are always more liberal. It's not that as they grow up they will necessarily stay that way.

Winston Churchill once said "If you're not liberal when you're young, you have no heart.  If you're not conservative when you're old, then you have no mind."

Just thought I'd add that in.

That under 30 statement doesn't have much validity.  I'm under 30 and don't support gay marriage or abortion, and all of my closest friends agree with me.  I also know a bunch of people who do support both of those causes.  It's about equal.  Going by that, and that fact that most young people haven't researched anything enough to have a real opinion anyway, no one can really say that.  It's not proven.

I will admit that the younger generations DO tend to be much more accepting... atleast in the Northeast.

Rin-chan

Welcome to the Forum!

We have a very nice little place here, and I hope you will enjoy your time with us Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies