NC-PPP: McCrory (R) leads Gov. Perdue (D) by 7 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 12:37:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  NC-PPP: McCrory (R) leads Gov. Perdue (D) by 7 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NC-PPP: McCrory (R) leads Gov. Perdue (D) by 7  (Read 5159 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: February 14, 2011, 01:09:12 PM »

Two interesting things:

1. I heard an anecdote from someone who was at an event where Perdue was meeting with local officials and when Perdue was shaking her hand, she asked this person if she had a title, which she didn't, so Perdue responded, "So you are not important".

FWIW that sounds like claptrap. I don't know your source here, Yank, and I don't really have great familiarity or interest in NC state politics (other than a general aversion to most southern Republicans and not wanting to see the CD's gerrymandered Tongue), but even if one dislikes Perdue its hard to imagine most politicians astute enough to be elected governor--particularly in a tough race like 08--to say something so mindblowingly offensive. Not to say it absolutely didn't happen, but that sounds more like a rumor/myth/exageration than an actual flub.

Disagreements in governance policies aside, does Perdue have a habit of regularly making foot in mouth statement like that?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies