The War of the Three Kingdoms (Rules and Sign Ups) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 12:41:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The War of the Three Kingdoms (Rules and Sign Ups) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The War of the Three Kingdoms (Rules and Sign Ups)  (Read 7484 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« on: February 02, 2018, 02:59:01 PM »

Dkrol, what other characters could one play besides Charles and Ferdinand? (the ones I see available, and not quite to my liking)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 03:51:49 PM »

Upon some research of the monarchs and characters of the era, could I humbly request Frederick Henry, Stadtholder and Prince of Orange?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2018, 07:30:17 PM »

Although I'd like to have Charles I and Ferdinand III filled before creating other characters, I can offer you either Frederick Henry, Pope Urban VIII, or James Butler, 1st Duke of Ormond because I want you involved in the game.

Thank you very much, Dkrol! I'll take Frederick Henry and the Netherlands then (Ormond was very, very tempting though).
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2018, 02:16:18 PM »

After finishing up some final research, we should be looking at a start tomorrow afternoon/evening UK time.

Can't wait!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2018, 05:27:55 PM »

Without wanting to be too forward, Dkrol, could I recommend a world map I found? It's on 1648 borders (Westphalia), but I think it could be a good way to get a grasp of the state of the world beyond Europe:

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2018, 05:36:34 PM »

Great! Just a final question, shouldn't Portugal be in the middle of its revolt against Spain at this moment?

Joćo IV was acclaimed as King in a coup in late 1640 as Portugal split from Spain, leading to that bitter war of almost three decades for Portuguese independence.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2018, 05:16:53 PM »

Orders sent.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2018, 04:42:18 PM »

I had considered to sacrifice myself and take Charles, but I've spent a lot of time on research and I wouldn't want that to go to waste...

Perhaps Kingpoleon or ChairmanSanchez could take the role?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2018, 02:49:45 PM »

I was going to suggest Garlan could take over as Charles for this sole turn and buy us a few extra days to find a player, but yes, a King Charles is very much needed.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2018, 04:31:19 PM »

Since it has no effect on gameplay, since the assassination was through the random assassination dice role, I guess I can say.

Lumine, you escaped a bloody death by the skin of your teeth.

Oh dear! Congratulations on putting through a random assassination system, Dkrol, that really raises the stakes.

Great job on the updates!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2018, 03:54:04 PM »

https://ibb.co/cyABd7

This is also a pretty accurate map, but I don't know how to make the Civil War in the British isles. The main thread's map really bothers me. What does Lumine's map look like?

That is the map I had uploaded earlier, actually:

Without wanting to be too forward, Dkrol, could I recommend a world map I found? It's on 1648 borders (Westphalia), but I think it could be a good way to get a grasp of the state of the world beyond Europe:

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2018, 04:00:16 PM »

I would also recommend this Europe map from 1648, could be a good basis for a more detailed map besides the world one:

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2018, 05:25:43 PM »

That's funny, I tried opening that map on Paint to see if something what's up and it won't me opening. I suspect there may be an issue of formatting which is proving troublesome, because the original map I provided is one I could easily modify.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2018, 05:30:17 PM »

Wait, I think I got it. When I uploaded the map (via Postimages) it lost a lot of quality, and when I downloaded that version I couldn't edit it properly. Let me find the original map and I think the problem would be solved.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2018, 05:33:12 PM »

Found it! So sorry, Dkrol, I think this version will allow you to properly use the fill feature:

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2018, 09:00:11 PM »

If I may ask, Lumine, when will you Announce the Marriage?

Not sure yet. Louise Henriette is very young, and in RL only got married in 1646, so there's ample time to make a decision in terms of husband and then stage a marriage.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2018, 08:13:13 AM »

I'll have my orders sent between Friday and Saturday.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2018, 06:38:30 PM »

Dammit, I forgot to send my orders for this turn. My apologies, it won't happen again.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2018, 01:31:03 PM »

After much thought, I've come to a conclusion to end the game. I am not the great games-master that Lumine is, and my limited abilities have certainly hurt this game. There is also the issue of inactivity among the playerbase. From the moment the game began, there have been issues with inactivity among players who should be key to this period and the game. For these reasons, and others, this game is over.

I can understand the frustration, Dkrol, these games are not easy and inactivity (as a well as a not having high morale as GM, which tends to happen to me) can be a serious problem. However, I personally think you did a very fine job, I thoroughly enjoyed participating in the game, and I want to thank you for providing such fun and creativity while the game lasted.

I sincerely hope you will host another game someday!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies