The War of the Three Kingdoms (Rules and Sign Ups)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 12:20:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The War of the Three Kingdoms (Rules and Sign Ups)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Author Topic: The War of the Three Kingdoms (Rules and Sign Ups)  (Read 7482 times)
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: February 11, 2018, 02:23:01 PM »

Also, can I say that the PLC wasn't involved in the TYW and wasn't a part of the HRE (Prussia wasn't either). The only modern day part of Poland that was in the HRE at the time is Silesia. Just needed to clear it up a bit.
The PLC did try to instigate some intrigues against Sweden, including an alliance with Denmark-Norway, but those never amounted to anything. However, because of reluctance to go to war in the Sejm, Władysław IV was never going to be able to start anything.  For this game, the PLC makes much more sense as an NPC that various players might be able to entice into providing troops, if they provide the funding.

It would also make sense to be able to infiltrate the Sejm and be able to use the puppet sejm to turn the PLC into a puppet due to the Liberum Veto, IIRC.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #76 on: February 11, 2018, 02:41:45 PM »

Also, can I say that the PLC wasn't involved in the TYW and wasn't a part of the HRE (Prussia wasn't either). The only modern day part of Poland that was in the HRE at the time is Silesia. Just needed to clear it up a bit.
The PLC did try to instigate some intrigues against Sweden, including an alliance with Denmark-Norway, but those never amounted to anything. However, because of reluctance to go to war in the Sejm, Władysław IV was never going to be able to start anything.  For this game, the PLC makes much more sense as an NPC that various players might be able to entice into providing troops, if they provide the funding.

It would also make sense to be able to infiltrate the Sejm and be able to use the puppet sejm to turn the PLC into a puppet due to the Liberum Veto, IIRC.

Not really.  First off, the Sejm was already anti-war, so you don't need the Liberum Veto to get Poland to not do anything that would be relevant to the game, but second and more importantly, the first use of the Liberum Veto won't be for close to another decade, and that on just a procedural matter that set the precedent for its later use.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #77 on: February 11, 2018, 02:43:16 PM »

And just to be clear, I have no interest in playing.  I don't have the time to do it.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #78 on: February 11, 2018, 08:03:23 PM »

Charles seems needed? who could play him.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #79 on: February 12, 2018, 04:29:41 AM »

Turn closed.

Dereich has offered to step in and play Charles for the first turn, so the game doesn't get held up. We are still searching for a full-time Charles.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #80 on: February 12, 2018, 02:12:39 PM »

next turn coming soon?
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #81 on: February 12, 2018, 02:30:42 PM »

Writing up the end of the Turn One now. I've already been at it for a few hours; it's my goal to get it up tonight. I have a fairly busy schedule tomorrow, so I may get Turn Two up in the evening, if not it will be up on Wednesday.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #82 on: February 12, 2018, 04:05:57 PM »

Dice rolled and turn written. Spell checking/formatting it now. One player was very lucky, being one number away from assassination.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #83 on: February 12, 2018, 04:08:11 PM »

Dice rolled and turn written. Spell checking/formatting it now. One player was very lucky, being one number away from assassination.
Who? Tongue
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #84 on: February 12, 2018, 04:09:32 PM »

Who? Tongue

Most likely me, given my recent luck.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #85 on: February 12, 2018, 04:12:49 PM »

Since it has no effect on gameplay, since the assassination was through the random assassination dice role, I guess I can say.

Lumine, you escaped a bloody death by the skin of your teeth.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #86 on: February 12, 2018, 04:27:13 PM »

Ok, the results of the first turn have been posted.

Please feel free to comment on, praise, or complain about them but please do so in this thread, rather than in my PMs, because running these games creates a lot of PMs as it is.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #87 on: February 12, 2018, 04:31:19 PM »

Since it has no effect on gameplay, since the assassination was through the random assassination dice role, I guess I can say.

Lumine, you escaped a bloody death by the skin of your teeth.

Oh dear! Congratulations on putting through a random assassination system, Dkrol, that really raises the stakes.

Great job on the updates!
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #88 on: February 13, 2018, 01:30:26 PM »

Sorry, today was too busy for me. Turn will start tomorrow.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #89 on: February 14, 2018, 04:06:21 PM »

I've gotten the maps updated but I'm not feeling well. I'm trying my best to get the turn up tonight, but it may not be until tomorrow afternoon London-time.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #90 on: February 15, 2018, 02:40:54 PM »

The military numbers have been updated and I am writing the player crises now. The turn will be up this evening.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #91 on: February 15, 2018, 03:55:28 PM »

There we go, folks, Turn Two is up, open, and ready. The turn will close no early than Tuesday the 20th and no later than Friday the 23rd. Have fun!

Also, welcome to our new players: Dereich (as King Charles I), ChairmanSanchez (as James Butler, Duke of Ormond), and Kingpoleon (as King Christian IV).
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #92 on: February 18, 2018, 09:27:44 AM »

Sorry, folks, I looks like I accidentally locked the gameplay thread for several hours. I must have hit the lock button while scrolling through on my phone. The game is still on and the turn is still open.

It looks like we'll be closer to having the turn end on Friday, simply because there hasn't been enough activity, at this point, to justify an earlier closing. A note, however, I'm going to Wales this weekend and will not have access to my computer until Sunday night/Monday morning.

If people prefer, we can have the turn end Sunday night, rather than Friday, since I won't be around until then anyway.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #93 on: February 18, 2018, 03:48:09 PM »

DKrol,
Could you use the Lumine's map please?
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #94 on: February 18, 2018, 03:51:53 PM »

https://ibb.co/cyABd7

This is also a pretty accurate map, but I don't know how to make the Civil War in the British isles. The main thread's map really bothers me. What does Lumine's map look like?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #95 on: February 18, 2018, 03:53:06 PM »

This is also a pretty accurate map, but I don't know how to make the Civil War in the British isles. The main thread's map really bothers me. What does Lumine's map look like?
Kingpoleon,
This is a map for which year?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #96 on: February 18, 2018, 03:54:04 PM »

That is the map I had uploaded earlier, actually:

Without wanting to be too forward, Dkrol, could I recommend a world map I found? It's on 1648 borders (Westphalia), but I think it could be a good way to get a grasp of the state of the world beyond Europe:

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #97 on: February 18, 2018, 04:00:16 PM »

I would also recommend this Europe map from 1648, could be a good basis for a more detailed map besides the world one:

DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #98 on: February 18, 2018, 04:01:06 PM »

I'm sorry my maps are so bothersome to people.

I'll work to update the other maps to fit our purposes and have them posted within the hour.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #99 on: February 18, 2018, 04:07:32 PM »

I'm sorry my maps are so bothersome to people.

I'll work to update the other maps to fit our purposes and have them posted within the hour.
DKrol,
Look at this website. In the year 1643, I believe it is quite accurate.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies