Congressional Discussion Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 08:08:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Congressional Discussion Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Congressional Discussion Thread  (Read 34417 times)
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« on: July 12, 2020, 12:06:16 AM »

The Senate should reject the Parking Protection Act - this is the type of issue that should be left to the regions to decide, not the federal government.

It really needs to be up to the specific locality or metropolitan administrative division, IMO. Part of my motivation for running was to assist where this forum's demographics tend to leave blind spots. It's pretty apparent that a law such as this will cause parking lots in areas such as Downtown Los Angeles to be sold off for more profitable ventures, causing a cascade of more pressing issues. Unfortunately, this bill passed before I became a Representative, but I would also have significant concerns about unauthorized parking in reserved parking for persons with disabilities, among other problems that could be identified.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2020, 01:22:24 AM »

How is the president able to appoint a new VP when there is no vacancy?

"to appoint, with the advice and consent of the Senate, the vice president in the event of a vacancy in that office; (Amended February 2019)"

I suppose the "vacancy" is assumed when Ses announced his intent to resign. Perhaps some more specific clarity could benefit, but there's no short supply of confusing or grammatically incorrect aspects to the constitution, from what I've been able to determine. It doesn't help that the wiki seems really outdated.

When I first ran for office one of the first things I noticed was an affect vs. effect inconguency, though I assumed it wasn't worth pursuing as a full amendment.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2021, 07:00:52 PM »

Our hands were forced by bad faith tactics. If you want to place the blame on someone, pick the person who recruited from alt-right discords.
LTE isn't a alt-right discord. I've been on it.

Conservacord is.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2021, 11:02:17 AM »

Leave of absence from Thursday through Sunday. I might pop in every once a while on mobile but I will be away from the computer. Thanks, see you all soon!

-Senator SevenEleven
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies