For any tiresome liberal who still says "we need to understand the Trump voters" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 04:27:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  For any tiresome liberal who still says "we need to understand the Trump voters" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: For any tiresome liberal who still says "we need to understand the Trump voters"  (Read 1889 times)
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« on: June 10, 2017, 09:39:11 AM »

Lol this entire thread is just made to insult Trump voters.

See, the thing is Democrats will never understand Trump voters.  Every issue a Trump voter gives as justification is just turned into "YOU'RE RACIST" or "YOU'RE SEXIST" or "YOU'RE SELFISH" when the exact opposite is true.  Democrats have become so out-of-touch so many Americans that there is no way they could possibly understand reasons behind voting.  It was never about "minority growth threatening the white majority" or "suppressing women" or whatever.  It's about economic growth, strengthening our border (no, not the wall; many Trump voters don't believe there will be a wall), and a variety of other issues.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2017, 10:12:08 AM »

See, the thing is Democrats will never understand Trump voters.  Every issue a Trump voter gives as justification is just turned into "YOU'RE RACIST" or "YOU'RE SEXIST" or "YOU'RE SELFISH" when the exact opposite is true.  Democrats have become so out-of-touch so many Americans that there is no way they could possibly understand reasons behind voting.  It was never about "minority growth threatening the white majority" or "suppressing women" or whatever.  It's about economic growth, strengthening our border (no, not the wall; many Trump voters don't believe there will be a wall), and a variety of other issues.

Because the 45.9% of this country who got conned is SO good at respecting others and treating them like adults, right? Or understanding why they vote the way they do? Because I always hear about how Democrats are terrorists, un-American, always stealing elections, "not even real people", or just whiny snowflakes. I'm no liberal, but the kind of sh**t I hear from older white people over the age of 45 on my Facebook feed makes me yearn for the days when their electoral impact in this country is insignificant. And no, it's almost all about these people feeling rattled by the rapid change going on in this country. What the hell did you think all the underlying tones of Trump's campaign were geared towards? It was  a nostalgia for a time that is long since gone and is not coming back, no matter what BS Trump promised.
There were no "underlying tones."  It's a yearning for the days when we loved to be American, yes, the days of Reagan's and Clinton's presidencies.  Americans worked together and didn't casually call each other racists or 100% refuse to work with others.  A time when it wasn't wrong to have a strong military or keep our borders strong, a time when we made logical governing decisions, not stupid ones to piss off the other side.  There is no "LET'S GO BACK TO THE DAYS OF GEORGE WALLACE."  There is none of that, and if I thought there was eve a small amount of that, I wouldn't have supported Trump.  We need to be more economically strong like under Reagan and Clinton and not just settle for enough or attempt to downplay America being the greatest country ever.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2017, 10:15:30 AM »

"I don't empathize with Trump voters, therefore this is my opinion of them, which is evidence of why we shouldn't empathize with Trump voters"

So, please tell me why I should emphasize with Trump voters.
Because, at the end of the day, we are all Americans.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2017, 10:21:20 AM »

If you genuinely believe that Trump had a program for economic growth, you're the exact sort of moron I'm referring to.  Trump had idiotic promises that somehow getting out of free trade agreements would bring back millions of manufacturing jobs.  It was a complete bill of goods.
Lower individual taxes, lower corporate taxes, getting our of only UNFAIR free trade agreements (TPP), renegotiating unfair trade agreements (NAFTA), lower federal spending, etc.  You could maybe even shove in the infrastructure plan as a way to give some more Americans jobs (obviously that wouldn't solve unemployment).  There was a plan and there still is a plan.  There's a reason people refer to fiscal conservatism as fiscal responsibility, which opposes the "tax all, spend all" mentality
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2017, 10:22:15 AM »

"I don't empathize with Trump voters, therefore this is my opinion of them, which is evidence of why we shouldn't empathize with Trump voters"

So, please tell me why I should emphasize with Trump voters.
Because, at the end of the day, we are all Americans.

1.I'm actually not American.

2.I see no evidence that you or any other Trump voter ever tries to emphasize with non Trump voters.
I have plenty of friends who are Trump-hating Democrats.  i understand their points of view
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2017, 10:28:57 AM »

If you genuinely believe that Trump had a program for economic growth, you're the exact sort of moron I'm referring to.  Trump had idiotic promises that somehow getting out of free trade agreements would bring back millions of manufacturing jobs.  It was a complete bill of goods.
Lower individual taxes, lower corporate taxes, getting our of only UNFAIR free trade agreements (TPP), renegotiating unfair trade agreements (NAFTA), lower federal spending, etc.  You could maybe even shove in the infrastructure plan as a way to give some more Americans jobs (obviously that wouldn't solve unemployment).  There was a plan and there still is a plan.  There's a reason people refer to fiscal conservatism as fiscal responsibility, which opposes the "tax all, spend all" mentality

1.Donald Trump on the campaign trail generally promised to increase spending on many things, including infrastructure.  So, the 'lower federal spending' was not one of Trump's promises.

What specifically makes NAFTA (or TPP) 'unfair.'?  Please cite the specific chapter.

2.Taxing and spending is what governments do.  Modern Republican policy is not fiscal conservatism but rather cut taxes and pay for it by increasing the deficit.  Obviously there are some Republicans who genuinely cut spending to match the tax cuts, but we got a sense of how well that worked in Louisiana and Kansas.

There were many things he promised to cut spending on.  That's literally a big part of his budget.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/lori-wallach/nafta-at-20-one-million-u_b_4550207.html
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies