What Happened To The GOP in 2012 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 05:56:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2012 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  What Happened To The GOP in 2012 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What Happened To The GOP in 2012  (Read 26459 times)
hopper
United States

« on: July 13, 2013, 01:12:48 AM »

The R's lost because they don't understand Generation Y and Hispanics. Why is it always the GOP is too moderate when they lose anyway? I mean a bunch of people have a press conference on C-Span the next day after the election and its like they have no idea as to why their party lost. Its like they are in a different country. I am not even saying that to be shocking. I mean it. Did these people even look at the last US Census? Have they been in the Hispanic Community before? They want the Tea Party to become the Republican Party which is a total loser in minority precients. They have to get their head out of the sand and start listening to Generation Y and The Hispanic Community and stop saying dumb things about Hispanics(i.e. Steve King.) The Tea Party influence may have been good for one cycle in 2010 but The Tea Party had its 15 minutes of fame and its up.

hopper
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 12:47:49 PM »

A lot of money was spent on the presidential election as opposed to the House and Senate seats. We also had mishaps in MO which cost us. We'll get them next time.
Romney still won MO though even with the Akin factor.
hopper
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2013, 12:55:51 PM »

I was surprised Romney thought that he only thought "self-deport" meant only if Illegals(most Latino's) couldn't find a job that they would go back to their country. Hello: what that means is you are gonna break up a family. This is how Latino's think. I am surprised Romney and his campaign team did not know this. If they did not know this I don't what to say or those people should have never been running Romney's campaign. Between what I just said and Romney's GOTV website crashing I don't think his campaign team served him that well. Plus the pollster Stuart Stevens had the wrong polling info. I myself thought PPP and Nate Silver were oversampling Democrats but a pollster that is working for a campaign should know better than the average voter like myself.

I got the info on Romney's self-deport comment from Dan Balz's lecture on his book "Collision 2012"(Obama-Romney.) Dan Balz sat down with Romney for this book and Romney did talk Balz about the Election in 2012. You can see the hour lecture on C-Span the Book TV section of the website.
hopper
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2013, 12:58:56 PM »

A lot of money was spent on the presidential election as opposed to the House and Senate seats. We also had mishaps in MO which cost us. We'll get them next time.
Romney still won MO though even with the Akin factor.

That's not what I meant. I meant Todd Akin's remarks hurt Romney and the Republican Party everywhere.
No Romney had his own comment about the abortion issue that it should be sent back to the states that's what hurt Romney not Akin's comments.
hopper
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2013, 12:34:09 PM »

The GOP didn't realize that White Men are declining as a share of the electorate and population.

There we go again with the left playing the race card. Even if Republicans reach out to minorities, they're still going to be called racists by the media and left.
No the Republicans thought they would be a little more turnout than there was(hence I mentioned Romney's pollster thinking the same thing.) At the same time they underestimated minority turnout. 

Keep in mind White Women voted for Romney too as a block. Its minority women that Republicans have a major problem with as a voting block.
hopper
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2013, 12:58:55 AM »

The GOP didn't realize that White Men are declining as a share of the electorate and population.

There we go again with the left playing the race card. Even if Republicans reach out to minorities, they're still going to be called racists by the media and left.

Putting up the race card? An abnormally large share of the Republican vote was from white men. The white male vote was about 36% of the total vote, they voted for the Republican party by a margin of 70-30, which means it gave Mitt Romney 25.2% of the 47.1% of the vote he received. That means 53.5% of all Mitt Romney voters were white men. Also, no one will call them racists unless the candidates utter racial slurs, derogative terms, or tries to pass discriminating laws against people of color.
Keep in mind Mitt Romney won the white women vote too (not just the white man vote.) You guys on the D side of the ledger are quick to forget that. Yes the Republicans have a problem with the minority vote there is no secret there. You make like the whole Republican Party dislikes minorities but its not true.
hopper
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2013, 02:28:53 PM »

Why wouldn't they test this prediction?

Because 'reaching out to minorities' = alienating their racist core support.
I think that statement is over the line.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies