NY-12: "the most millennial of campaigns"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 05:47:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NY-12: "the most millennial of campaigns"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: NY-12: "the most millennial of campaigns"  (Read 2682 times)
aaaa2222
yoman82

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2018, 09:25:39 AM »

I'm in this district--I suspect Maloney will win, but Patel has had total dominance of all forms of media. Advertisements for him (which project an Obama-esque image and are light on policy details) are EVERYWHERE, and I haven't seen a single ad for Maloney. Still, it's a primary in New York, and we're looking at extremely low turnout, which probably means that Maloney's (presumably) older base will comprise the majority of voters.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2018, 09:33:23 AM »

hahahaaha
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2018, 10:47:21 AM »

I'm in this district--I suspect Maloney will win, but Patel has had total dominance of all forms of media. Advertisements for him (which project an Obama-esque image and are light on policy details) are EVERYWHERE, and I haven't seen a single ad for Maloney. Still, it's a primary in New York, and we're looking at extremely low turnout, which probably means that Maloney's (presumably) older base will comprise the majority of voters.
Will you vote for Patel or Maloney? I’m rooting against Patel for entirely this reason.
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2018, 11:11:11 AM »

I have a bunch of friends in the district, and all Patel's plastering of media seems to have accomplished is to make them all think he's an entitled annoyance trying to buy the election precisely because he has been extremely light on campaign promise specifics. Which seems about accurate.
aaaa2222
yoman82

« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2018, 11:41:01 AM »

In the end, I went with Maloney--I liked Patel's platform (which was published online but didn't seem to be the centerpiece of his campaign), but he just didn't seem to have any actual connections to the community (no history of local elected office, moved recently from Indiana). He's a talented politician and seems to have his heart in the right place, but he probably would do well to spend some time in local government before jumping to Congress.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies