Is Ron Paul's boat in Iowa being raised by Obama fans out to cause mischief? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 07:32:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Is Ron Paul's boat in Iowa being raised by Obama fans out to cause mischief? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is Ron Paul's boat in Iowa being raised by Obama fans out to cause mischief?  (Read 4245 times)
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« on: December 20, 2011, 03:17:27 PM »

I think it's more liberals/Democrats (who clearly don't know any of Ron Paul's positions, but I digress) saying they'll vote for him based on, uh, weed? And stuff?

I'm not so sure Paul's crossover support will actually bother turning out, but we'll see. I do agree with you that anything that gets rid of the stupid caucus system is a good thing.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 03:43:25 PM »

Ok, I see what you're saying. Marijuana laws are dumb (for a number of reasons). And while nobody expected Obama to turn into Cheech once he was elected, it was reasonable to expect him to be more chill around the edges (like with the medical stuff) that he has been or the mainstream Republicans have been. And it's kind of cool that in this age of polling and cynicism that somebody like Ron Paul comes along, and he doesn't really care that's its politically unpopular to oppose marijuana laws. He really does stand for what he believes in. He has principles in contrast to most politicians. And that's great and I give him credit for that.
All that said, you have to look at a candidate in aggregate. I think it's awesome that he opposes marijuna laws. However.
1. He opposes Medicare.
2. He wants to let younger workers opt of out Social Security, which would, in the real world, completely defund and destroy this most vital government program.
3. He wants the US to leave the United Nations.
4. He voted to put a wall up between Mexico and the United States.
5. He wants to abolish the income tax and fund the government through tariffs and excise taxes.
6.  He introduced personhood legislation that would define life as beginning at the moment of conception, something even people in MS rejected.
7.He supports don't ask don't tell.
8. He is a climate change denier.
9. He has opposed the 1964 Civil Rights Act.
10. He would like to see prayer back in schools.
11. He voted for Bush's anti-gay marriage amendment.
12. He doesn't think citizens should have the right to elect their Senators.
So, once again, it's great that he's honest when most politicians are not. And it's cool that he thinks we shouldn't be locking up people on drugs. I think I could find things I agree on with most people. However, in aggregate Paul's positions are a heaping pile of sh!t. And I think any Obama voter should be able to see that. But maybe they can't.

Excellent post. This is why I always find it strange that people insist Paul would win Democratic support in the general election.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies