Arkansas State House: Another Democrat Switches to GOP (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 09:15:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Arkansas State House: Another Democrat Switches to GOP (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Arkansas State House: Another Democrat Switches to GOP  (Read 2667 times)
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: 3.74

« on: November 23, 2016, 09:50:53 PM »

Seems like the Southern Democratic party is literally become a "blacks only" party as Southern whites flee in droves to the GOP.

John Barrow was the last White Southern Dem at the federal level in Congress. He would have went in 2012 rather than 2014 had my district not ran the bumbling idiot Lee Anderson in 2012.
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: 3.74

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2016, 12:22:31 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
No, Barrow wasn't. There is Mark Warner, Joe Manchin, Charlie Crist, and Bill Nelson. They are white Southern Democrats at the federal level in Congress.

Allow me to rephrase that - Last White Southerner in the Deep South, and for most of the Upper South. Virginia has been turned to Greater DC, and Florida is no longer a Southern state south of Gainesville. (But the panhandle and Jacksonville can be considered Southern.) I consider WV to be culturally Southern compared to VA, but I can't exactly decide on how to pinpoint it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies