Game of Thrones Season 8 Discussion Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 12:40:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Game of Thrones Season 8 Discussion Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Game of Thrones Season 8 Discussion Thread  (Read 14948 times)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« on: April 29, 2019, 07:19:02 PM »

In universe, the Azor Ahai prophecy can be twisted after the fact to fit what happened, just like "prophecy" in the real world. I kinda like it.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2019, 07:17:23 PM »

I'm willing to bet the average IQ of people happy with defeating the White Walkers in Episode 3 is less than half of those who see it for the rushed wrap-up it is.  "It'S cAlLeD gAmE oF tHrOnEs, NoT gAmE oF zOmBiEs."

It would be a stretch to say that the people who liked the episode have an IQ that's 5% lower than those who didn't.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2019, 11:28:04 PM »

I thought it was a pretty good episode most of the way through, but obviously Cersei would have just slaughtered them all at the end, right?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2019, 10:57:54 PM »

My assumption when Euron wounded Jaime is that he would die, Arya would find him and wear his face to kill Cersei. When we first saw Jaime in the map room, I thought I was right. But then I wasn't. Seems like a wasted opportunity.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2019, 07:04:45 PM »

Not that I'm defending Dany's sudden turn or anything, but it's only in the last couple of decades that anyone would have really thought what Dany did was wrong. As late as WWII civilians were routinely mass slaughtered by all sides and that was just part of war.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2019, 09:16:34 PM »

After not watching Game of Thrones at all following Season 5, I made the snap decision to try and watch the final season this year.

I regret everything.

I mean, the first two episodes were both very good. Episodes 3 and 5 were very well-made technically outside of the writing.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2019, 10:35:22 PM »

So did Bran manipulate everything and everyone over the years to lead to himself being named king? I thought they were kinda hinting at it, but they should have been more direct about it.

I think the ending is a lot better if so.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2019, 11:59:06 PM »

Well, this has been an absolute ride.

No, not watching the show (I have better things to do with my life), but rather watching people's reaction to how ludicrously bad the show has become. It was obvious since season 5 really that the quality of the writing was plummeting faster than British Tories' standing in the polls. Thankfully I lost all investment I might have had in this story after the utter abomination that was S6E10 (well, OK, almost all investment - it does feel nice to see Sansa crowned Queen in the North). Seeing y'all go through the same process now is pretty satisfying tbh.

And if you still liked it, good for you I guess. Like whatever you want to like, but you'd better have good arguments to defend it because it's a tough sell.

"The Winds of Winter" is the highest rated TV episode in IMDB history at 9.9. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(Assuming the 3,000 upvotes for some episode of "Lucifer" are a some kind of stunt that will eventually fall down.)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2019, 04:49:39 PM »

What does everyone think of this proposed ending for Season 8?

I like this guy's alternative ending, though I have questions as to how Arya is wearing Jaime's face when the original owner is still alive, and I think it more fitting for Daenerys to have triplets with Jon Snow as opposed to just one child, perhaps two sisters and one brother in an echo of Aegon and his two sisters.  

I liked this, and I think it would have gone over a lot better. Agree that Arya shouldn't be wearing Jaime's face if he's still alive, so just let "Jaime" kill Cersei and then reveal that it's Arya and the real Jaime is dead.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies