What changed Hillary Clinton's public persona? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 01:30:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  What changed Hillary Clinton's public persona? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What changed Hillary Clinton's public persona?  (Read 1902 times)
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« on: December 02, 2012, 12:35:01 PM »

Then, she runs for President and loses the primary to Barack Obama in 2008.

There you go. Had she gotten then nomination, she would be public enemy number one of the right still. When Obama one, it gave the GOP a new number one nemesis.

If people think the GOP gave Obama hell in his first term, imagine if it was another Clinton instead. It would have been even worse.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 03:46:35 PM »

I think there is also a bit of 90s nostalgia, perhaps with rose colored glasses. Look at Bill Clinton's ratings. The last 11 years have been one calamity after another and I think people look back on the Clinton era more fondly now.

Yeah public perception changes. If I would have told you in 2001 that Hillary Clinton would be as popular as she was in 2011/2012, it would have been hard to believe. Also, if I came back from the future and told you that the President of the United States five years from now is President Bush, you might scratch your head, but it could happen. That's politics.

In 1993 when President Bush left office, who would have thought that 10-15 years later, the White House would be occupied by a President Bush?

So you're telling me things change over time? What groundbreaking insight, Michael.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies