Gun to your head: Do you think Hillary Clinton will run for POTUS in 2016 ? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 01:18:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Gun to your head: Do you think Hillary Clinton will run for POTUS in 2016 ? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Will she ?
Yes
No
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Gun to your head: Do you think Hillary Clinton will run for POTUS in 2016 ?  (Read 1602 times)
Ashley Biden's Diary
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: June 04, 2014, 10:42:08 AM »
« edited: June 04, 2014, 10:46:20 AM by ShadowOfTheWave »

Yes. I will be beyond disappointed if she doesn't, she's our last hope. If she cares about the party and it's policies as much as she says, she will run. Everyone else would either lose (O'Malley/Biden), or is not a real Democrat (Cuomo).
Ashley Biden's Diary
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 08:11:50 PM »

I said no in back in 2012.

I say yes today.

I agree with this mostly.  I thought no until as late as March 2014, but then seeing everything she is doing and everything she is saying, I believe she will run.  That said, I still would not be surprised if she ends up not running.

I am still not sold on her chances if she does run.  I do not think she is a shoo-in for either the nomination and certainly not the general.  The Republicans have a good crop of names being mentioned it sounds like and there are still several other good, if not better, Democrats being talked about.

Do you seriously consider the names Bush and Paul "good"?
Ashley Biden's Diary
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2014, 11:49:34 AM »

I say yes today.

I agree with this mostly.  I thought no until as late as March 2014, but then seeing everything she is doing and everything she is saying, I believe she will run.  That said, I still would not be surprised if she ends up not running.

I am still not sold on her chances if she does run.  I do not think she is a shoo-in for either the nomination and certainly not the general.  The Republicans have a good crop of names being mentioned it sounds like and there are still several other good, if not better, Democrats being talked about.

The name "Bush" is nowhere near as toxic as it was several years ago.  This is because the Obama administration has been such a disaster that the Bush name has been redeemed in a sense.  To be true, the name "Obama" is worse than the name "Bush" right now.  (I voted for Obama twice, and even I think he's been a disaster especially in the second term).

The name "Paul" hasn't had a chance to be tarnished, really.  Ron Paul was a good congressman from Texas and provided a lot of good ideas on the campaign trail.  Rand Paul is doing several good things for the people of Kentucky.  I don't think he'd be that good of a president, but he would be better than the catastrophe we have in the White House now.

Even if this is the case, do you really think the name Bush holds more weight than Clinton?
Ashley Biden's Diary
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2014, 12:23:18 PM »

I say yes today.

The name "Bush" is nowhere near as toxic as it was several years ago.  This is because the Obama administration has been such a disaster that the Bush name has been redeemed in a sense.  To be true, the name "Obama" is worse than the name "Bush" right now.  (I voted for Obama twice, and even I think he's been a disaster especially in the second term).

The name "Paul" hasn't had a chance to be tarnished, really.  Ron Paul was a good congressman from Texas and provided a lot of good ideas on the campaign trail.  Rand Paul is doing several good things for the people of Kentucky.  I don't think he'd be that good of a president, but he would be better than the catastrophe we have in the White House now.

Even if this is the case, do you really think the name Bush holds more weight than Clinton?

Not necessarily more weight, but not any less weight.  I think Jeb Bush has as good of a chance as Hillary Clinton.  His name won't be a hindrance, or not as big of a hindrance as a few of the things plaguing Hillary.  Hillary's health is a big one, because remember, she recently suffered a concussion and she is aging and showing her age.  Also, one thing that I think could very easily keep Hillary from even running is her new grandbaby.  When Chelsea gives birth, Hillary may, wisely, decide that Chelsea and the baby need her more than her country needs her.  Hillary's first priority should be to her family.  I don't think even her most adamant supporters could blame her if she decides to be a grandmother rather than the President of the United States.

I respectfully disagree. I think if you polled people on which Presidency they remember more fondly, Clinton would defeat Bush soundly. I realize Jeb is not George and Hillary is not Bill, but I can't agree that the Bush name holds the same weight as the Clinton name.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies