Your actual party affiliations (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 11:42:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Your actual party affiliations (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Your actual party affiliations  (Read 6849 times)
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: September 18, 2014, 05:44:59 PM »

Republican (2011-present)

Michigan is open primary, so technically I haven't affiliated with any political party.  But I always identified as Republican, even before I reached voting age (I put 2011 on here because that's when I turned 18).  I was also just elected a GOP precinct delegate, so I guess that's the closest to a formal, legal affiliation I'll ever have.

Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 11:03:40 AM »

Democratic | 2010-

Haven't registered to vote in Illinois yet, but will be unaffiliated when I do get around to it.

You don't have a choice. Smiley Party registration is not involved in the registration process here.

That said, make sure you register before early October when the deadlines are. And also make sure to at least vote for a couple Democrats such as Mike Frerichs for Treasurer, even if you don't like Quinn.

I can't vote for any Democrats in good conscience, given that I don't have much of anything  in common with them from an ideological standpoint.

The foundations are the same, but whatever. You might as well not vote, as the deadline for getting on the ballot was the other day and I am pretty sure the only one's who got on were the Dems, Pubs, and Libertarians.

What do you mean? The Democratic Party is a liberal party and I am not a liberal, so it doesn't really make much sense for me to vote for them in any context. There's not a single Democrat I can think of that I would support for any office at this point.

Assuming I get registered to vote in time, I plan on making extensive use of write-ins, and, barring that, just submitting a spoilt ballot.

Nonpartisan voter registration is available in IL through Oct 7, both in person at various government offices and online. From Oct 8 through election day Nov 4 you can register and vote through the grace period process at certain election offices in your county and at your polling place on election day. Depending on your county and whether you vote early you may not have a paper ballot to work with, though there is a process for write-ins on electronic ballots.
I thought Illinois was open primary.  I realize that you publicly declare which party's ballot you vote in the primary, but I thought you couldn't formally register with one.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2014, 08:09:12 PM »

Actually registered: as a Republican for voting in the May 6th primaries this year.

How I personally see myself: Independent, but had a solid (not strong, but not lean) Democratic tilt before late-2011, when I began to lean slightly Republican.
Isn't Indiana open primary?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies