Scottish Independence Referendum - 18 September 2014 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 01:43:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Scottish Independence Referendum - 18 September 2014 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Scottish Independence Referendum - 18 September 2014  (Read 147065 times)
Beezer

Political Matrix
E: 1.61, S: -2.17

« on: November 27, 2013, 09:55:34 AM »

About half of the white paper appears to be an SNP-manifesto educating the public about the things they'do if Scotland became independent. BTW, are there any polls/surveys on EU-support among the different nations of the UK? I suppose if the EU and the euro were a more attractive option, winning the referendum would be a tad easier especially if the electorate had a more pro-European slant.
Beezer

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 02:02:25 PM »

It would probably take at least 4-5 years for them to join the euro anyway if everything went off w/o a hitch (EU membership negotiations, then spending two years as part of the ERM II).
Beezer

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 03:23:39 AM »

I wouldn't necessarily say that. Right now it's able to present itself to the electorate as the defender of Scottish interests in a hostile environment (Westminster). If Scotland became independent there'd be no need for that position anymore and a number of nationalist voters would probably move (back) to the other parties.

The same thing would probably happen in an independent Bavaria which I doubt would see the Christian Democrats run away with every election.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies