Realistically, how does the GOP or Dem Party hope to secure young voters? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 09:35:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Realistically, how does the GOP or Dem Party hope to secure young voters? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Realistically, how does the GOP or Dem Party hope to secure young voters?  (Read 3427 times)
izixs
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.31, S: -6.51

« on: March 16, 2015, 10:46:51 PM »

I think young people should worry about a balanced budget since we are 18-19 trillion dollars in debt. 

Tax Rates-The Boomers were always kinda anti-tax. I don't think Gen X or Gen Y has a anti-tax streak.

First off, the debt is a long term problem and there are a lot of much more pressing issues we need to fix before we can tackle it properly. Second, my generation and younger (I'm a millennial or what ever buzz word is in flavor) have seen that problem made worse by tax cut after tax cut and an unwillingness to undo those tax cuts despite them obviously not working. We're not stupid. We want results as opposed to promises that some how some ideology will magically fix this not really pressing problem.

So yes, you're right about younger folks not having as much of an anti-tax streak. But wrong about us thinking the debt will be the end all of our view on things.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies