Announcement (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 04:17:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Announcement (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Announcement  (Read 8903 times)
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.19, S: -9.91

« on: December 13, 2009, 09:56:22 PM »

I can see the ARC supporting this ticket if we're not yet strong enough to field our own.
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2009, 10:40:40 PM »

And behold, Marokai ends just as his political idol did: a broken man ranting about conspiracies.

Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2009, 10:50:46 PM »

I don't understand the ARC's support of this ticket. Xahar isn't a libertarian or a free market guy either, and there are many more socially liberal candidates out there. Bacon King would be a better fit than Xahar for the ARC.

It's ultimately a part of the realignment we seek to affect: splitting the forum along populist and libertarian lines. Already the populist HappyWarrior threatens to lead a coalition against this ticket, which is quite fine with us.
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2009, 10:57:05 PM »

I don't understand the ARC's support of this ticket. Xahar isn't a libertarian or a free market guy either, and there are many more socially liberal candidates out there. Bacon King would be a better fit than Xahar for the ARC.

Bacon King is in the JCP.

All I am saying is if this isn't a backroom deal or something, then I'm not sure why the ARC would be more susceptible to a big government liberal like Xahar over a moderate like Bacon King. They certainly jumped behind it quickly considering we have no idea who else is even running in February.

There are bigger issues at stake here. I am willing to vote for a liberal strategically (which is, sadly, something more social libertarians have yet to learn) if it advances my cause in the long term.
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2009, 11:00:30 PM »

Bacon King is in the JCP.

All I am saying is if this isn't a backroom deal or something, then I'm not sure why the ARC would be more susceptible to a big government liberal like Xahar over a moderate like Bacon King. They certainly jumped behind it quickly considering we have no idea who else is even running in February.

There are bigger issues at stake here. I am willing to vote for a liberal strategically (which is, sadly, something more social libertarians have yet to learn) if it advances my cause in the long term.

And this is really all this ticket is about, advancing your causes, securing power and influence.

Sure. Isn't that what elections are supposed to be about? Or does democracy really come down to the massive circle-jerk that this forum is presently?
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2009, 11:06:08 PM »

Wow, is it just me, or has Einzige finally gained some political sense. He used have a
"My way or the highway approach". Now he is deviating ideologically to advance political goals. The puritanical Libertarian fascade is crumbling.

To the contrary: my ideological direction is as sound as ever. If I have to take an extraneous route to secure it, so be it. I'm actually attempting to defeat - if such is the right word - those libertarians who feel otherwise, and continue to spin their wheels in the mud of conservative politics.
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2009, 11:37:19 PM »

There's more to it than these stupid twentieth-century ideological divisions.
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2009, 11:43:37 PM »

Hmm, no... I vote on issues not party... Smiley

It has nothing to do with Party, and everything to do with hastening the new sets of issues - authoritarianism and freedom - that will become ever-more-prominent in this century. If the Atlas is a testing-bed for it, so much the better.
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2009, 11:46:05 PM »

Hmm, no... I vote on issues not party... Smiley

It has nothing to do with Party, and everything to do with hastening the new sets of issues - authoritarianismpopulism and freedomanarchism - that will become ever-more-prominent in this century. If the Atlas is a testing-bed for it, so much the better.

I can do a play on words too. Wink

That works for me, as long as you're willing to play ball.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies