Gallup: Trump now has highest name recognition among GOP voters, Kasich lowest (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 04:49:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Gallup: Trump now has highest name recognition among GOP voters, Kasich lowest (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Gallup: Trump now has highest name recognition among GOP voters, Kasich lowest  (Read 2320 times)
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« on: July 25, 2015, 12:18:10 PM »

Sad considering we've had two Presidents named Bush.

Considering both presidencies ended in failure with widespread economic damage, I imagine most people have repressed their disastrous presidencies.

First of all, this was a question of name I.D.

Secondly:

George W. Bush's record
- Toppled a murderous regime in Iraq
- Taliban toppled in Afghanistan
- Enacted the Patriot Act to protect the homeland
- doubled border patrol agents, leading to a reduction in the flow of illegal immigration
- ended partial-birth abortion
- Re-enstated President Reagan's Mexico City Policy
- appointed strict constructionists
- reduced taxes for all taxpayers, increasing federal revenues by 44%
- Created the President's Emergency Plan for Aids Relief
- Increased the number of free trade agreements from 3 to 16

George Bush's record
- Drove Saddam Hussein out of Kuwait
- Signed NAFTA into law
- Signed the Americans with Disabilities Act into law
- Points of Light Foundation created

1.) Agreed, but he planned the aftermath awfully. Literally read what they thought Iraq would be like in 2006, and look how it turned out. Lesson number 1 of intervention is to have a plan for the aftermath-compare German 1945 with Iraq/Libya over the last 10 years.
2.) Toppled? Aren't we currently talking to them about a coalition deal? We drove them into the hills until 2005 when they came back and started hitting us pretty hard. As racist as it is the old joke that goat farmers were beating us is largely true. If you think the Taliban are gone you're as foolish as Bush.
3.)Please? I thought conservatives cared about the Constitution? 
4.) Okay
5.) More Rick Santorum, but again okay.
6.) A policy that ended up bannning condoms? The Mexico City rule is pretty awful
7.) No he didn't. A strict constructionist wouldn't scrap civil rights law passed with super majorities in both houses, and re-approved in 2006. .
8.) Great, hence why the US had such a massive deficit in the Bush years, plus Bush's job's numbers were actually way below Clinton's
9.) Whilst also supporting an entire aids' program that failed to actually fix anything in the US. Under Bush people weren't getting their anti-viral drugs, there was no support for drugs like Truvada, vulnerable groups like MSM and African-Americans weren't helped, and you were taught that the only way not to get AID's was to avoid sex. Bush did great work in Africa for Aids, I'm not denying that. It's just his domestic AID's policy was still awful
10.) Great, because free trade always helps everyone.

I don't understand why a President who increased the size of the federal Government, massively increased spending, crashed the economy into a ditch and gave his friends positions in the FEMA is so respected by republicans. Like really, are we that Partisan that we think GWB is a good President? Imagine if he was a democrat, Christ he'd be worse than Carter for you guys 
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2015, 02:56:53 PM »

Sad considering we've had two Presidents named Bush.

Considering both presidencies ended in failure with widespread economic damage, I imagine most people have repressed their disastrous presidencies.

First of all, this was a question of name I.D.

Secondly:

George W. Bush's record
- Toppled a murderous regime in Iraq
- Taliban toppled in Afghanistan
- Enacted the Patriot Act to protect the homeland
- doubled border patrol agents, leading to a reduction in the flow of illegal immigration
- ended partial-birth abortion
- Re-enstated President Reagan's Mexico City Policy
- appointed strict constructionists
- reduced taxes for all taxpayers, increasing federal revenues by 44%
- Created the President's Emergency Plan for Aids Relief
- Increased the number of free trade agreements from 3 to 16

George Bush's record
- Drove Saddam Hussein out of Kuwait
- Signed NAFTA into law
- Signed the Americans with Disabilities Act into law
- Points of Light Foundation created

1.) Agreed, but he planned the aftermath awfully. Literally read what they thought Iraq would be like in 2006, and look how it turned out. Lesson number 1 of intervention is to have a plan for the aftermath-compare German 1945 with Iraq/Libya over the last 10 years.
2.) Toppled? Aren't we currently talking to them about a coalition deal? We drove them into the hills until 2005 when they came back and started hitting us pretty hard. As racist as it is the old joke that goat farmers were beating us is largely true. If you think the Taliban are gone you're as foolish as Bush.
3.)Please? I thought conservatives cared about the Constitution? 
4.) Okay
5.) More Rick Santorum, but again okay.
6.) A policy that ended up bannning condoms? The Mexico City rule is pretty awful
7.) No he didn't. A strict constructionist wouldn't scrap civil rights law passed with super majorities in both houses, and re-approved in 2006. .
8.) Great, hence why the US had such a massive deficit in the Bush years, plus Bush's job's numbers were actually way below Clinton's
9.) Whilst also supporting an entire aids' program that failed to actually fix anything in the US. Under Bush people weren't getting their anti-viral drugs, there was no support for drugs like Truvada, vulnerable groups like MSM and African-Americans weren't helped, and you were taught that the only way not to get AID's was to avoid sex. Bush did great work in Africa for Aids, I'm not denying that. It's just his domestic AID's policy was still awful
10.) Great, because free trade always helps everyone.

I don't understand why a President who increased the size of the federal Government, massively increased spending, crashed the economy into a ditch and gave his friends positions in the FEMA is so respected by republicans. Like really, are we that Partisan that we think GWB is a good President? Imagine if he was a democrat, Christ he'd be worse than Carter for you guys 

First of all, I did not say he had a great record, he had an okay record. He did spend too much money, I don't agree with the federal government getting involved in education, his "ownership society" agenda was crap, and his monetary policies were awful.

Secondly, he has a far better record, overall, than Barack Obama by far. But, in the end, I'm not going to judge his brother for his record, and neither will the majority of voters.

GWB left office with an approval rating of 22%. Look, like Blair there's two things people think about when they think of Bush-Iraq and 2008 crash. He really doesn't have a better record-most republicans will admit that
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies