Georgia's Very Own Megathread! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 11:38:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Georgia's Very Own Megathread! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Georgia's Very Own Megathread!  (Read 319555 times)
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« on: May 26, 2017, 12:40:15 PM »

It it does turn out to be a battles of the Staceys, this will be the first gubernatorial election in Georgia's history where the nominee of either major party is a woman. This will also be the first election since 1990 that a woman will be on the general election ballot.

Is Cagle likely to win the GOP Nomination?
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 11:03:13 PM »

The GA GOP if Norwood wins as an "Independent"

_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 11:13:08 PM »

The GA GOP if Norwood wins as an "Independent"

-snip-

Meh. It's not like the GA GOP would ever nominate her for statewide office anyway. Or for a Congressional seat in a D+43 city

I still think the GOP winning a Mayoral Election in one of the biggest D cities in the South is a huge win, especially if the candidate is hiding the fact that they're an R.

It appears not to matter
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2018, 11:38:11 AM »

Ok I'm just looking at the swing in Gwinnett, Henry, Cobb, wow the Metro looks like it's surging Dem. 

Chatham county looks interesting too, I assume due to Black turnout in Savannah?
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2018, 07:22:01 PM »

Barrow better beat a runoff.

GO ABRAMS!

GO EVERYONE BUT CAGLE CAUSE A RUNOFF!
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2018, 07:30:03 PM »

It's whitfield too :thinking:

Griffin was talking about it earlier, about it being weird on the GOP Side
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2018, 07:33:12 PM »

where do y'all see Hill winning Whitfield? it's not up on the SoS website yet (at least for me)

On NYTImes
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2018, 12:10:57 PM »
« Edited: May 23, 2018, 12:24:53 PM by Not Senator Not Madigan »

Welp, John Barrow did it, THE MADMAN IS BACK!

I think GA SOS will be Tilt D, and Gov depends on the R runoff obviously, but Abrams is clearly running into the GE with momentum on her side, hopefully she recognizes Dems should go after Rural GA as well, otherwise she'll probably just barely lose the GE.

Edit:  I meant places in Northern GA like Whitfield, not just the Black Belt. Wink
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2018, 09:08:09 AM »

I admittedly don’t know much about this race and haven’t read a lot of this thread but Dems are blowing heir chances by nominating far left candidates in lean red-purple states. Maybe Abrams is good for Hawaii or something but in Georgia, Evans was the right call.

All things being equal I think the moderate is the better choice but especially in this case

I don't think Abrams is far left at all, her platform is fine, she just needs to win the Metro and keep margins down in Rural GA, which she can probably do. 

Also if someone can be endorsed by Hillary, Jason Kander, and pretty much every Union in the state, in addition to pretty much every progressive group in the Country, something tells me she's not a nut, just a consensus candidate. Wink
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2018, 12:48:51 PM »

For what it's worth, I never received any outreach from down-ballot candidates in terms of mail, calls, etc save for two: one of them was John Barrow. Being one of a relative handful of people in a non-metro county who would be identified as a "Strong Democrat" in Democratic voter files, that tells me he was one of the very few down-ballot who ran a legitimate statewide campaign targeting as many Democrats as possible.

Well that sounds good for Barrow in November, he'll probably run a truly statewide campaign in the GE as well.

Who was the other Candidate who you received stuff from?
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2018, 06:58:06 PM »

Ladies and Gentlemen, laugh at Bagel right now.

However, according to Griff, Carter was ahead in polls at this time.  Still I think this is a rather great piece of news for Abrams/Dems.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2018, 05:52:26 PM »

Tossup/Tilt-D  imo

Abrams certainly has a great shot based on her barnstorming the State and her opponents being Dumb and Dumber
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2018, 07:43:13 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Cagle's response:

And Kemp's:

LOL

Wow...

GO KEMP!
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2018, 07:59:52 PM »

Lol are there videos to all this stuff in the links or do we have to wait until SBC makes another Borat-esque film and releases it?
https://youtu.be/4k4pMTsa1Kw

Sacha might have helped Abrams with this I think, Kemp's response is horrible.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2018, 10:07:26 PM »

Lol are there videos to all this stuff in the links or do we have to wait until SBC makes another Borat-esque film and releases it?
https://youtu.be/4k4pMTsa1Kw

Sacha might have helped Abrams with this I think, Kemp's response is horrible.
I wish but this will forgotten tomorrow after the nominee is chosen. LOL. Spencer lost his primary so he's not even going to be in the Legislature in 2019. Abrams and co. will be blasting Kemp's voting suppression record for the next three months. That issue is a rallying call for African-American voters.

I'll also be glad Kemp is the nominee because he's on record outright refusing to expand Medicaid. Cagle was more ambiguous about it (I think he wants a work requirement).
Ah well, hopefully even if this is forgotten by voters the image of Kemp being scum sticks in their minds.  I imagine she'll do very well against Kemp, he's rather clearly the "Firebrand" candidate and if he's refusing to expand medicaid that'll probably hurt a bit in the suburbs.

I'll be "bold" and say Lean D for Abrams if Kemp is the R.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2018, 09:50:53 PM »

With tonight's primary results Abrams effectively becomes the next Georgia governor as long as she puts effort all around the state as she seems to be planning to.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies