Flip the 6th (gameplay thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 07:41:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Flip the 6th (gameplay thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Flip the 6th (gameplay thread)  (Read 8196 times)
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -1.04

P P
« on: November 10, 2021, 09:02:12 PM »

Nike executive Dale Scott kicks off campaign for new congressional district in Oregon

Scott started his campaign off with a rally in downtown Salem

"Thank y'all for coming out tonight. This is one giant crowd. If you elect me, I promise to fight for the best interests of all of my constituents from the fast food employee to the factory worker to the student.

Biden's administration has been no bueno for the great people of our country, and especially our district. The price of household items has exploded, with many working people being unable to afford basic necessities. If this keeps up, we might very well have another Great Depression on our hands.

Our schools are teaching Critical Race Theory and indoctrinating our children. During distance learning, many parents discovered the nasty reality of our education system. Left-wing teachers think that it is OK or even morally virtuous to shove their ideas down our kids' throats. School administration has been complacent or even supportive of this. Additionally, our kids are being forced to read sexually explicit material as early as elementary school. A vote for me is a vote against this nonsense.

Let me preface this was saying that COVID-19 is a serious issue. Studies have shown that the COVID-19 vaccine protects you and others, however, the choice to get vaccinated should well be a choice, rather than a mandate. However, most Democrats and even some Republicans are flouting the American tradition of individualism. Meanwhile our governor in the state of Oregon, Kate Brown is mandating outdoor masking, whether or not you are vaccinated. While liberal elites are forcing masks on you, they are regularly violating their own rules. While masks work, they are simply unnecessary for the fully vaccinated.

Now to address my opponents in this race. Where do I start? Yuri Testikov is a communist who wants to abolish fossil fuels in 2 years, abolish the police, describes the fossil fuel industry as vampiric. We simply cannot abolish fossil fuels that quickly, as we do not yet have any replacement. The police are a vital part of our community and do more good than harm. We would be risking our entire economy to achieve this. If you work in energy, as many Oregonians do, Tesitkov, if he wins, will cost you not just your job, but your livelihood, and the futures of your children and grandchildren. We need to punish bad cops, that's for sure, but we should still enforce our laws. Unlike what he might tell you, I am by no means afraid of Testikov. As the kids say, "Come at me, bro". A vote for Tesitkov is a vote for an impoverished, lawless America. Now on to Heather Cooper. She is a career politician. Do you know what career politicians do? They take the money, of you the taxpayer, and spend it on frivolities because that's what their fat-cat donors want. She called me a RINO, yet she is the one who wants to restrict your constitutional right to bear arms. Do you know why we have the 2nd amendment? So the citizenry can defend themselves against government tyranny. She, quite frankly, lied about the reason I am running because that's what career politicians do, they lie to you and they manipulate you, to get your vote. Meanwhile, I am self-funded and won't hesitate to tell you the full truth and nothing but the full truth. We also have Ted Miller. He supports programs such as UBI, which disincentivize work, and undermine our prosperity as a nation. He wants to legalize all drugs, which would impact people of all walks of life in a negative way, especially vulnerable individuals such as children. Lastly, we have Doyle Brooks. While Trump was a decent president and did more good than bad for this country, Brooks acts like he is some sort of deity. The network he works for, OANN, has blatantly lied to the American public, claiming that Trump won the 2020 election 410-128. No Mr. Brooks, Trump lost, and we need to focus on 2022 and beyond."

Campaign Motto: "For Peace and Prosperity"
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2021, 06:46:03 PM »

Congressional Candidate Scott tweets thanking veterans

I thank all of you veterans out there for your service for our great nation - @DaleForOregon
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2021, 09:07:40 PM »
« Edited: November 13, 2021, 12:23:33 PM by UNBEATABLE TITAN GLENN YOUNGKIN »

Dale Scott responds to attacks from Doyle Brooks

"Doyle Brooks is a grifter, plain and simple. I said that he does not believe that Trump lost the election, and he did not respond to that. I am a Republican in the mold of Glenn Youngkin or Chris Sununu rather than Marjorie Taylor Greene. I favor tradition, and while Brooks might tell you, that exact same thing, it is clear that he does not believe in the tradition of admitting to losing when you lose. Additionally, Doyle Brooks is ignoring a life-changing moment for me, when I converted to Catholicism in January 2021. I now regret my vote for Hillary in 2016, and if I could go back and vote for Donald Trump, I would have."
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2021, 09:11:30 PM »

Dale Scott responds to attacks from Heather Cooper

"Heather Cooper's claims of "doing good for the people for Oregon" ring hollow. She is a career politician, who is a part of the swamp. I ran to destroy that swamp and be a part of a government that seeks to serve the people rather than donors"
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2021, 12:20:47 PM »
« Edited: November 13, 2021, 01:57:15 PM by UNBEATABLE TITAN GLENN YOUNGKIN »

Dale Scott spends 2 points on TV ad in the Portland market, and 1 point to air the same ad in the Eugene Market

"I am Dale Scott, a Republican candidate for Oregon's 6th congressional district. I left my corporate job at Nike to fight for the great people of this district in Washington. I will use my business experience to help our economy grow and to help more people provide for themselves and their families. I will work with fighters on both sides of the aisle to make our country more prosperous. Meanwhile, my opponent, Ted Miller is a RINO who supports legalization of hard drugs and a universal basic income. Doyle Brooks believes in Qanon and believes Trump won the 2020 election 410-128. Heather Cooper is an untrustworthy career politician who takes your hard-earned tax dollars and dishes them out to her donors. A vote for Dale Scott is a vote for prosperity for all Oregonians, instead of corruption or extremism"
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2021, 07:35:05 PM »

Dale Scott holds rallies in Keizer, Albany over the weekend

Scott held a rally in Albany on Saturday night

"Something I failed to address in-depth during my first rally last week in Salem was Joe Biden. His presidency has been a failure from Day 1. His son, Hunter, was dishonorably discharged for cocaine use and dated his late brother's widow. You know what Joe did about this, he did squat. Starting on the day of his inauguration, Biden signed a ton of executive orders, with the two I'd like to address were the order halting construction on the Keystone XL Pipestone and a mask mandate for federal buildings. At the time, the COVID-19 vaccine was available to pretty much nobody, so in theory, the mask mandate was a good idea. However, later that very same day, Biden and his family went unmasked on federal property. I'm not talking about being unmasked in the private quarters of the White House. I'm talking about how the Bidens went unmasked at the Lincoln Memorial, one of the biggest attractions in Washington. Fast forward to July and Biden withdraws from Afghanistan. While I don't oppose the withdrawal, in theory, he handled it exceptionally poorly. We failed to rescue thousands of American civilians from the Taliban and we left our military equipment behind, allowing the Taliban to even further push their dictatorial reign. Under Biden's presidency, inflation has exploded, causing working families to be unable to afford everyday items. A vote for Dale Scott is a vote against the failures of Joe Biden & The Congressional Democrats, meanwhile, a vote for Heather Cooper is a vote for the establishment, and votes for Ted Miller & Doyle Brooks are essentially votes for the failures of Joe Biden because they simply cannot win a general election. I'll publicly eat my words if either Miller or Brooks wins the general election next fall. Good night y'all and drive home safely"

Scott held another rally Sunday afternoon in Keizer

"Good afternoon y'all. It pleases me to see the crowds at every rally, knowing they could be doing anything else, but they chose to come to this rally, to be the change that they want to see. Joe Biden has overseen and caused many failures. The biggest one is the economy, which is a disgrace. Working people are unable to afford basic items, which have skyrocketed in price. Even if you can afford everyday items, they aren't even on store shelves to begin with. The infrastructure bill really shows how much of a failure Biden has been. Even though he's the president, he couldn't get his own party to back his proposals until the eleventh hour. The infrastructure bill is called the Infrastructure and Jobs Act. Give me a break! This act will cost this great nation more jobs than it creates, and only about 10% of it will go to actual infrastructure. The rest of it will go to woke bureaucracies. Meanwhile, Heather Cooper is part of the same political establishment that created this mess. Doyle Brooks and Ted Miller cannot destroy it. I can. A vote for any of my primary opponents is a vote for this mess. Drive home safely, have a good rest of your day"
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2021, 07:40:01 PM »

Dale Scott spends final point on a district-wide newspaper ad

"Ted Miller: a radical who supports UBI and has a drug policy to the left of AOC & The Squad
Doyle Brooks: a radical conspiracy theorist who believes in Qanon and that Trump won the 2020 election with 410 electoral votes
Heather Cooper: a corrupt career politician, who will become a part of the Washington swamp, and has a tendency to lie
Dale Scott: a reasonable, honest candidate who can help fix our economy, and bring prosperity to Oregonians of all walks of life"
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2021, 06:11:12 PM »

Dale Scott spends final point on a district-wide newspaper ad

"Ted Miller: a radical who supports UBI and has a drug policy to the left of AOC & The Squad
Doyle Brooks: a radical conspiracy theorist who believes in Qanon and that Trump won the 2020 election with 410 electoral votes
Heather Cooper: a corrupt career politician, who will become a part of the Washington swamp, and has a tendency to lie
Dale Scott: a reasonable, honest candidate who can help fix our economy, and bring prosperity to Oregonians of all walks of life"

Heather Cooper's reply to Dale Scott's newspaper ad: "Funnily enough, his ad seems very similar to one I aired earlier...Mr Scott has used exactly the same talking points as I have, since he's to ignorant and clueless of policy to come up with his own conclusions. The only changes I can see are his baselessly calling me a "corrupt career politician" for serving the people of Oregon's 19th for four years, and calling himself "reasonable" rather than the big businessman, someone who thinks he can buy this seat, that he truly is. And after plagirizing my ad and then baselessly calling me corrupt, he has the audacity to say that I have a 'tendancy to lie.' It's simply laughable, but also outrageous, since Mr Scott thinks he can win over the people of Oregon's 6th through his money and baseless lies and accusations, something I'm calling him out on: the people of Oregon's 6th will see through your lies, Mr Scott, and will not elect you any more than they will elect Yuri Testikov."

Dale Scott responds to Heather Cooper's attacks on his newspaper ad

"First things first, you pretty much paraphrased my attack on Doyle Brooks in your ad. You seem to reject the notion that I can come up with basic attacks on my own. If you think I am of low intelligence, you seem to be forgetting that I helped run a multi-billion dollar corporation, while you were in our State House of Representatives, only caring about 2 things: your back account balance, and power. I stand against these selfish, and corrupt values"
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2021, 07:07:00 PM »

Dale Scott holds rallies in Keizer, Albany over the weekend

Scott held a rally in Albany on Saturday night

"Something I failed to address in-depth during my first rally last week in Salem was Joe Biden. His presidency has been a failure from Day 1. His son, Hunter, was dishonorably discharged for cocaine use and dated his late brother's widow. You know what Joe did about this, he did squat. Starting on the day of his inauguration, Biden signed a ton of executive orders, with the two I'd like to address were the order halting construction on the Keystone XL Pipestone and a mask mandate for federal buildings. At the time, the COVID-19 vaccine was available to pretty much nobody, so in theory, the mask mandate was a good idea. However, later that very same day, Biden and his family went unmasked on federal property. I'm not talking about being unmasked in the private quarters of the White House. I'm talking about how the Bidens went unmasked at the Lincoln Memorial, one of the biggest attractions in Washington. Fast forward to July and Biden withdraws from Afghanistan. While I don't oppose the withdrawal, in theory, he handled it exceptionally poorly. We failed to rescue thousands of American civilians from the Taliban and we left our military equipment behind, allowing the Taliban to even further push their dictatorial reign. Under Biden's presidency, inflation has exploded, causing working families to be unable to afford everyday items. A vote for Dale Scott is a vote against the failures of Joe Biden & The Congressional Democrats, meanwhile, a vote for Heather Cooper is a vote for the establishment, and votes for Ted Miller & Doyle Brooks are essentially votes for the failures of Joe Biden because they simply cannot win a general election. I'll publicly eat my words if either Miller or Brooks wins the general election next fall. Good night y'all and drive home safely"

Scott held another rally Sunday afternoon in Keizer

"Good afternoon y'all. It pleases me to see the crowds at every rally, knowing they could be doing anything else, but they chose to come to this rally, to be the change that they want to see. Joe Biden has overseen and caused many failures. The biggest one is the economy, which is a disgrace. Working people are unable to afford basic items, which have skyrocketed in price. Even if you can afford everyday items, they aren't even on store shelves to begin with. The infrastructure bill really shows how much of a failure Biden has been. Even though he's the president, he couldn't get his own party to back his proposals until the eleventh hour. The infrastructure bill is called the Infrastructure and Jobs Act. Give me a break! This act will cost this great nation more jobs than it creates, and only about 10% of it will go to actual infrastructure. The rest of it will go to woke bureaucracies. Meanwhile, Heather Cooper is part of the same political establishment that created this mess. Doyle Brooks and Ted Miller cannot destroy it. I can. A vote for any of my primary opponents is a vote for this mess. Drive home safely, have a good rest of your day"

Heather Cooper on Dale Scott's rallies in Albany and Keizer: "It's a sign of how negative, dishonest, unfocused and clueless Mr Scott's campaign has been, that he has forgotten to even mention the Biden administration until now! It's clear he has no intention whatsoever of fighting the Washington establishment, or for that matter doing anything other than taking advantage of the middle class."
Dale Scott responds to Heather Cooper's attacks on his rallies
"Coming from Heather Cooper, those attacks calling me a liar with no intent to fight the establishment are rich. In my first rally I was more focused on the people of Oregon, rather than politicians 2,400 miles who don't care about this district or those who live in it. Besides, I mention Biden in that speech, though it only happened a couple of times. While Heather Cooper might have been anti-establishment towards the beginning of her term, the swamp has devoured her."
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2021, 12:32:07 PM »

Heather Cooper proposes anti-negative campaigning agreement

An unfortunate result of primary campaigning is that already, the campaign has become unnecessarily negative on the Republican side; in particular, Dale Scott and I have been launching attacks at each other. This is counteractive to our common goal of a Republican winning in the district next November, since many of these same attacks being used now might be used by the Democratic candidate against the eventual Republican candidate (whether that be Doyle Brooks, Dale Scott, or myself). Aside from that, it is also unhelpful to conservatives across the district, who want to see meaningful proposals and actions taken against the Biden agenda. So I propose an anti-negative campaign pledge. All signatories will be pledging to not attack or slander any of the other signatories (so, for instance, if Doyle Brooks and Dale Scott were to sign this, both would be agreeing to mutually stopping their attacks against each other). This will, I think, help change the atmosphere of this primary (which is unnecessarily negative), and help us focus our attacks on our common adversaries, Joe Biden and the Democrats, who are hurting Americans in this district and elsewhere. Having proposed this agreement, I will be the first to proudly sign it, and am promising that hereonforth I will no longer be launching any negative attacks against any Republican candidate for the district who chooses to sign this agreement as well. Anyone who is interested in signing this pledge and ending negative campaigning in this primary should do so within the next week.

Signed
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2021, 07:52:46 PM »

Dale Scott's schedule for the next week:
December 2: Hold a rally in Dallas
December 3. Court the endorsements of the House GOP Committee and the Oregon Chamber of Commerce, also hold a rally in Woodburn. I will pitch electability and the ability to fund my campaign to the House GOP Committee, and my support for tax cuts and deregulation to the Oregon Chamber of Commerce
December 4: Court the endorsement of Donald Trump. I will tell him I am a changed man in 2021 and that my conversion to Catholicism was a life-changing event for me. I will also talk about my support for bedrock conservative values
December 5: Hold rallies in Salem & Keizer
December 6: Hold rallies in Corvallis & Monmouth
December 7: Hold a rally in Albany, and court the endorsement of Turning Point USA through my changed values in 2021 and my opposition to Critical Race Theory
December 8: Hold rallies in Dallis & Albany
December 9: Hold rallies in Salem & Keizer

GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2021, 05:50:05 PM »

@DoyleBrooks Earlier in 2021, as I have already indicated multiple times in the campaign, I had a life changing event occur in my turning to Christianity, I am now a Trump supporter and I will vote for him in 2024 if he gets the nomination
Tweeted by @DaleForOregon
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2021, 06:10:50 PM »

Dale Scott reveals reveals attack ad against Doyle Brooks he worked with Heather Cooper's campaign to produce, spending 2 points to air it in the Portland media market and 1 point to air it in the Eugene media market

Quote from: Informative Ad by Heather Cooper for Congress & Dale Scott for Congress
Meet Doyle Brooks. He believes in Qanon. He believes Trump won 410 electoral votes. Aside from these views being crazy, they will result in a radical, far-left Democrat such as Yuri Testikov winning the seat if Doyle Brooks is nominated. We need someone who can win, not an unelectable extremist who will never win and will give the seat to Democrats on a platter. Vote against Doyle Brooks in the Republican primary for Oregon’s 6th congressional district.
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2021, 07:10:56 PM »

Dale Scott @DaleForOregon

@DoyleBrooksForCongress I have already stated that I regret my vote for Hillary. My religious conversion was purely religious. I was going to run for Congress anyway. As for Rep. Cooper, you have to meet someone to determine your opinion on them, after meeting Rep. Cooper, my opinion of her has gone up
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2021, 07:15:13 PM »

@DaleForOregon tweeted:

@DoyleBrooks Rep. Cooper proposed and anti-negative campaigning agreement. There are better things to talk about than party infighting, however the people of OR-06 need to know that you don't quite get this concept, as you failed to sign that
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2021, 07:28:50 PM »

Dale Scott releases schedule for December 10

December 10: Court the endorsement of Oregon Right to Life based on my pro-life stance and my new-found religiousity. Also hold a rally in Lincoln City.
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2021, 07:31:26 PM »

Doyle Brooks @DoyleBrooksForCongress

Count me in as skeptical of your sudden transformations, but I will let the conservatives here decide. So you have manifested poor judgment in attacking Ms. Cooper so ferociously without knowing her? Folks, this is just the standard politician flip-flopping. In reality, the establishment has lined up against me because they are so scared of our movement that they moved past everything they said just a few days ago. And I am so sorry I do not get the concept of no negative campaigning when both RINOs are flooding the airwaves with lies about me!
@DaleForOregon tweeted

@DoyleBrooks people change, but clearly you haven't grown as a person since you became a political commentator. Funny how I'm establishment as a political outsider. You also don't get the details of the pact. People who sign the pact don't get attacked, but those do not still get attacked
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2021, 09:18:17 PM »

@DoyleBrooks, you haven't exactly denounced that map that aired on the very network you used to work for, which in my book, is support for that. Growing as a person is different from completely changing your political beliefs, however to you they mean the same thing
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2021, 08:10:44 PM »
« Edited: December 03, 2021, 08:40:15 PM by Vote GregTheGreat for Lincoln General Court! »

Dale Scott @DaleForOregon on Twitter:

President Biden has been a complete failure. Prices of basic necessities are skyrocketing. Thousands of Americans were abandoned and left to die under a terrorist regime. Everyday Oregonians are forced to wear masks, while elites can do whatever they please #LetsGoBrandon
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2021, 08:43:13 PM »

Dale Scott @DaleForOregon on Twitter:

Our education system is a disgrace. Our kids are being force-fed woke propaganda, such as critical race theory. Masks are also being forced on kids, including vaccinated kids. The US is falling behind in education. I promise to fix this by supporting school choice.
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2021, 10:44:22 PM »

Dale Scott releases schedule for December 11 to December 18

December 11: Rally in Lebanon + Court the endorsement of Knute Buehler by demonstrating my moderate conservative beliefs
December 12: Rally in Sweet Home + Court the endorsement of the Oregon Farm Bureau by talking about my support for farm subsidies
December 13: Rally in Albany + Court the endorsement of Christine Drazan
December 14: Rallies in Salem + Keizer, court the endorsement of Tim Knopp
December 15: Rally in Corvallis + Court the endorsement of Timber Unity
December 16: Rallies in Lincoln City + Newport + Court the endorsement of Phil Knight, through my moderate conservative beliefs and through my working for his company for the past 2 decades
December 17: Rally in Dallas + Court the endorsement of the Oregonian
December 18: Rallies in Monmouth and Independence + Court the endorsement of Ron Noble
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2021, 10:45:20 PM »

@DoyleBrooks are you vaccinated?

@DaleForOregon on Twitter
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2021, 12:17:18 PM »

@DaleForOregon tweeted:

Funny how @DoyleBrooks acts like I am a part of the swamp, despite having less experience with Washington than he does. I pledge to drain the swamp in Washington!
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2021, 12:29:41 PM »

@DaleForOregon tweeted:

No, Mr Brooks, I am not an opportunist. Opportunism my bleep! @DoyleBrooksForCongress refused to sign the anti-negative campaigning agreement, because he cannot win without viciously slandering his opponents. Get out to vote to prove Doyle Brooks wrong!
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2021, 06:22:39 PM »

@DoyleBrooks, even if you don't believe the 410 map, you could have been a true patriot and quit OANN when you found out they aired it. But you didn't. That is a sign you will be pushed around by the elites in Washington. Meanwhile, you act like I am a part of the establishment when I am self-funded.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies