Have you ever had avocado toast? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 11:30:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Have you ever had avocado toast? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Have you ever had avocado toast?
Yes

No

I have no idea what this is

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 33

Author Topic: Have you ever had avocado toast?  (Read 1720 times)
angus
Atlas Icon
« on: May 21, 2017, 10:57:36 AM »

No, but we fed it to my son quite a bit when he was about a year old.

We were looking for the fattiest fruit available and we discovered early on that it was the avocado.  A regular 150-gram avocado has about 22 grams of fat.  Assuming 9.2 calories of energy per gram of fat, the avocado will provide about 200 calories from fat.  The remaining nutritional is about 3 grams of protein and 12 grams of carbohydrate.  If we assume 4 calories of energy per gram of carbohydrate or protein, then the avocado will provide 60 calories from these sources.  So 200 out of 260 calories are from fat, so about 77% of the energy content of an avocado comes from fat, so it's really a good one for toddlers.  

We put it on toast, on bagels, on noodles, on cereal, etc.  He ate it all.  I generally use them to make guacamole, but ALDI actually has a decent prepared guacamole with enough preservatives that it lasts a couple of days in the refrigerator so we don't make it at home much now.  I have been known put them on sandwiches as well.  They have a pretty short window--eat them a day too early and they're bitter and stiff, a day too late and they're mushy and oxidized--so we don't buy them much anymore.  Also the boy is old enough now that we don't feel the need to force lots of fat into his diet.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies