Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 08:32:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 ... 75
Author Topic: Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch  (Read 154541 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1525 on: November 15, 2014, 08:54:52 PM »

Bushie, please don't love on a 13-year-old boy.

It's too late. I fear the poor 13-year-old boy is being loved by the whole clan as we speak.

i feel bad for this boy.  he is being dragged off to some backwater (even worse than oklahoma) to spread the white man's religion to a people who arent interested.

I feel bad for him because in all likelihood this birthday party isn't going to involve normal 13 year old pursuits like paintball or laser tag but will rather be a bunch of middle-aged people shoveling fried salty foods down their gullets and then playing Skip-Bo.

The only thing that can salvage this party is a good old-fashioned game of Update-opoly.

Strip Update-opoly, for the loving on.

Strip Update-opoly: Everyone plays with their parents' clothes, and then is sent home with a headache after two turns.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1526 on: November 15, 2014, 09:22:08 PM »

Hi, guys, it was a fun birthday party and I know he had fun.  The kids largely played together and the adults supervised and talked amongst themselves.  I was able to see my first ex-fiancée.  We've been split up since 2007, but we've always been really good friends since we met in the fifth grade - 21 years ago.  I probably have the best friendship with her out of all my ex girlfriends/fiancée's.  There is no chance of us getting back together, but we will always remain good friends.  Our friendship has stood the test of time.  I am back at Grandma's for the night.  I will likely work on my AutoCAD some while I have some football on in the background.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1527 on: November 15, 2014, 09:30:16 PM »

Hi, guys, it was a fun birthday party and I know he had fun.  The kids largely played together and the adults supervised and talked amongst themselves.  I was able to see my first ex-fiancée.  We've been split up since 2007, but we've always been really good friends since we met in the fifth grade - 21 years ago.  I probably have the best friendship with her out of all my ex girlfriends/fiancée's.  There is no chance of us getting back together, but we will always remain good friends.  Our friendship has stood the test of time.  I am back at Grandma's for the night.  I will likely work on my AutoCAD some while I have some football on in the background.

Gross.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1528 on: November 15, 2014, 09:54:54 PM »

What do the 13 year old's parents do in Oklahoma? It's hard to imagine a job that's cool with somebody leaving for two years.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1529 on: November 15, 2014, 10:37:12 PM »

What do the 13 year old's parents do in Oklahoma? It's hard to imagine a job that's cool with somebody leaving for two years.

He is a postal worker and has 10 years seniority.  The union allows him to take a year sabbatical, come back work for a few days, then take one more year off and still come back to work.  She is a stay-at-home mom so she can take off anytime.  She will homeschool the kids while they are in Africa.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1530 on: November 15, 2014, 10:47:26 PM »

He is a postal worker and has 10 years seniority.  The union allows him to take a year sabbatical, come back work for a few days, then take one more year off and still come back to work. She is a stay-at-home mom so she can take off anytime. She will homeschool the kids while they are in Africa.

They'd be better off going to school in a one-room African schoolhouse with dirt floors and no desks; I'm sure they'd at least be learning science and studying literature there.

RIP EDUCATION Cry
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1531 on: November 15, 2014, 10:51:07 PM »

The union allows him to take a year sabbatical, come back work for a few days, then take one more year off and still come back to work.

Glorious union jobs. If only all of America was like this.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1532 on: November 15, 2014, 11:38:11 PM »

Pleased to learn that Christian churches are helping fight poverty, malnutrition and underdevelopment in African countries by organizing mission trips to... translate the Bible?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1533 on: November 15, 2014, 11:49:05 PM »

Are there still written languages in which the Bible is unavailable? I would have thought they'd all be pretty much covered by now? Wikipedia informs me that the population there is about 2/3 Christian and 1/3 Muslim. Are they going to try to convert the Muslims or try to make the Christians into Southern Baptists?
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #1534 on: November 15, 2014, 11:54:04 PM »

Are there still written languages in which the Bible is unavailable? I would have thought they'd all be pretty much covered by now? Wikipedia informs me that the population there is about 2/3 Christian and 1/3 Muslim. Are they going to try to convert the Muslims or try to make the Christians into Southern Baptists?

RIP Missionaries.
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #1535 on: November 16, 2014, 12:10:34 AM »

Bushie, is this man being paid while he travels to Africa to indoctrinate kids?
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #1536 on: November 16, 2014, 01:09:01 AM »

Also how dreadful for this kid that his thirteenth birthday party is basically a party for a 7 year old.

I see his life of dire and dreary evenings of bible study, horrible food and board games is on track.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1537 on: November 16, 2014, 09:28:26 AM »

He is a postal worker and has 10 years seniority.  The union allows him to take a year sabbatical, come back work for a few days, then take one more year off and still come back to work. 

and we wonder why the post office is bankrupt...
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1538 on: November 16, 2014, 10:14:14 AM »

He is a postal worker and has 10 years seniority.  The union allows him to take a year sabbatical, come back work for a few days, then take one more year off and still come back to work. 

My dad was a letter carrier for 45 years and that doesnt sound right but who knows. However this decision can't be made by the union.  There are very clear guidelines and processes you must follow as a federal employee. 

Frankly someone who does this is not making a sound financial decision since they will be on leave without pay even if they get approved.  So essentially a homemaker and postal worker are taking their kids to Africa with poor education opportunities and no income.  This is bonkers rationally but this is clearly informed by a particular brand of faith.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1539 on: November 16, 2014, 10:17:42 AM »

Anyone still wondering why Our Dear Friend is politically registered the way he is?
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #1540 on: November 16, 2014, 10:22:17 AM »

Anyone still wondering why Our Dear Friend is politically registered the way he is?

I mean he's from Middlesex County.  They're mostly social liberals who aren't too fond of poors.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1541 on: November 16, 2014, 10:27:46 AM »

I mean he's from Middlesex County.  They're mostly social liberals who aren't too fond of poors.

I was talking about Our Dear Friend, not Walter.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1542 on: November 16, 2014, 10:35:33 AM »

For what it's worth, my mother, when she learned of her niece and nephew and her family were going to spend a year or two in Africa, straightly warned me "Do not follow them to Africa, speaking of my continued desire to move to Kenya, at least not for a while."
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1543 on: November 16, 2014, 10:40:23 AM »

It is approaching 1000 on this Sunday morning and I am pleased to say that the 12-day headache that I had to begin the month of November has been discontinued at officially 13 days..  I did not have a headache at all yesterday, or at least any higher than normal.  I also do not have a headache so far this morning.  That is thanks to a combination of prayer and the shot I got on Thursday morning.  I really feel much better.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1544 on: November 16, 2014, 10:41:43 AM »

Really? Because the headache the rest of us have is going on 64 pages now.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1545 on: November 16, 2014, 10:43:31 AM »

Really? Because the headache the rest of us have is going on 64 pages now.

Haha!!
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1546 on: November 16, 2014, 11:02:38 AM »

"At least any higher than normal" doesn't mean it's gone away.  Change your lifestyle you crazy person.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1547 on: November 16, 2014, 11:07:37 AM »

two questions for bushie:

when was the last time you spent time in the tulsa apartment?

autocad?
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #1548 on: November 16, 2014, 11:08:41 AM »

Any plans to make some time in the evening for AutoCAD at least once this week?

I plan on doing it Saturday.

Oh, and I still plan to work with my AutoCAD some this evening after the birthday party.  I should be home at or before 2000, so while I watch some late night football, there's no reason I can't work with it some.

Did you play with CAD last night?
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #1549 on: November 16, 2014, 11:32:33 AM »

He is a postal worker and has 10 years seniority.  The union allows him to take a year sabbatical, come back work for a few days, then take one more year off and still come back to work.

I mean he's from Middlesex County.  They're mostly social liberals who aren't too fond of poors.

I was talking about Our Dear Friend, not Walter.

He's probably hoping for a union gig, so that he too can take a 2 year missions leave at some point. Merely not believing that unions and welfare are a work of Satan makes you a radical leftist in Oklahoma.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 ... 75  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies