Predctions on Election 2004 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 10:32:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Predctions on Election 2004 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Predctions on Election 2004  (Read 7915 times)
Wakie
YaBB God

« on: March 09, 2004, 10:50:08 AM »

Yes, Americans want a president who will end the war on terror. Good job democrats. Typical, exactly why 9/11 happened in the first place. Clinton not caring about terrorism.
I find it exceedingly ignorant to blame 9/11 on any one individual.  Prior to 9/11 grand scale terrorism was hypothetical in the US.  Yet Clinton more than doubled the counter-terrorism budgets of more than 20 organizations.

While the GOP was crying about a missile shield, Clinton was focusing on terrorism in a number of his highest profile speeches, including addressing the UN.

I don't blame the Bush administration for 9/11.  I don't blame anyone but the terrorists.  But I will say I think it is a shame that it took 9/11 to wake the Bush administration up to the threat of terrorism and make them realize that a missile shield is a secondary concern.
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2004, 10:59:03 AM »

Oh yes, I remember how Clinton fought terrorism. He knew about Osama Bin Laden and his exact location...nothing. Nigeria (I believe) told the CIA where they could find him....nothing. The USS Cole was bombed....nothing. Good job Clinton, I'm glad to see launching a few missles did something. Bush was only sworn in Jan of 2001, he was still building his Administration when we were attacked on 9/11. If it happened 9/11/02 or 03 I might agree with you.
So do you also think Reagan was soft on terrorism?  I mean come on, marine barracks in Lebanon get bombed ... nothing.  Heck, all he did was drop a few bombs on Tripoli.

And I would like to repeat that I do not blame the Bush administration for 9/11.  But lets consider their rhetoric during the election and the rhetoric out of Congress.  A missile shield was the biggest security concern to them.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies