Questions for the NRA (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 01:32:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Questions for the NRA (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Questions for the NRA  (Read 2956 times)
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« on: December 26, 2012, 05:28:12 PM »

1) What is the practical use of weapons with >10 bullet mags? Self-defense

1a) If your answer is "self defense", are you suggesting that 10 bullets isn't enough to stop someone? It is, but it never hurts to err on the side of caution

1b) If your answer is "protection from the government", do you really think that little of the US Military and the billions we spend on National Defense to think that you and your arsenal can overpower them? That's not my answer, but I do think with a small arsenal and some a bit of foreign aid you can keep a guerilla group going for decades

1c) If your answer is "I'm a hobbyist and it is protected in the Constituition", then would you agree that if they could afford it someone should be allowed to own a nuclear weapon? Since no government is going to be willing to sell anyone a nuclear weapon, this question is meaningless

2) What is wrong with Wayne LaPierre that he couldn't just say "This school shooting was a horrid tragedy caused by a criminal with obvious mental problems.  We at the NRA have always promoted firearm safety and will continue to work with law enforcement and the US government ensure that firearms are only used in a safe and lawful manner."?  (His tirade about the media and school safety was a disgusting embarassment.) I don't know, I'm not Wayne laPierre, I'm just Vosem

This
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 09:56:38 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Well Canada, the UK and Ireland don't border Mexico for one.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2012, 02:36:15 PM »

This thread is just a parade of conservatives that are scared of black people.

Dcalfine, you do realize it is the US that supplies a ton of weapons into Mexico? But no, since they have dark skin they must be the aggressors causing all the problems. Bunch of racists.

Sbane, don't be stupid. Your better than this "conservatives are raciss!!!" nonsense.

The USA also supplies a ton of weapons into Canada, so much that we have twice as may guns per capita as Mexico. Yet, somehow Canada has fewer gun murders. This issue here is the use of guns in the drug trade, not Joe Schmo owning a weapon or 2.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies