I'm back (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 11:52:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  I'm back (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I'm back  (Read 1033 times)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« on: August 29, 2021, 12:51:59 AM »

Hi folks,

It's been a while (actually quite a bit longer than I was expecting when I left) but at long last, I have successfully submitted my dissertation, and it was approved by UCLA yesterday. This means I'm now a doctor, as weird as it feels to type. My long (and sometimes harrowing) journey through US academia ends here (at least for now).

This also means I can stay true to my vow and come back to the forum at last. There's been a lot of stupid discourse I've no doubt missed, but I look forward to even stupider discourse to come. Tongue The news always provides us with a healthy dose of material for it. Unfortunately, I probably won't be posting much for another month or so, because while I'm done with the academic side of things, I'm still having to manage the logistics of moving back to France, and that is actually far more daunting than writing a dissertation. So, please wish me luck on that!

Still, I look forward to reuniting with old friends and tearing into old enemies. See you around, Talk Elections Blog.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2021, 01:46:17 AM »

Welcome back!

What-Ifs just hasn't been the same since you left. And the rest of the forum, of course.

The what-if projects are probably among the things that should wait until I'm back in France, but we'll see! My schedule has some flexibility right now, so I might end up making room for them.

Purple heart
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2021, 11:00:57 PM »

Thanks everyone!! Smiley

It's good to be back.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2021, 06:02:03 PM »

Currently waiting to board my flight back to Paris! I should be home in 14-15 hours.

It's really over.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2021, 06:10:34 PM »

Currently waiting to board my flight back to Paris! I should be home in 14-15 hours.

It's really over.

Tony, I'm truly sorry we never had the chance to meet in all the years you were living here. Hopefully you'll be back soon - preferably somewhere on the East Coast. Wink

I think the next time I visit the US will probably be on the East Coast! Hard to say when that will be, since the US right now is still closed for travelers (even though Europe have significantly fewer cases and higher vaccination rates than the US, but I guess US COVID policy has never made much sense).

Anyway, I'd be happy to meet you whenever that becomes possible.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2021, 04:53:09 AM »

Thanks everyone! Smiley

I guess people will now need to listen to you more on Atlas that you are now "Doctor V".   Wink

Somehow I highly doubt that will happen. Tongue Besides, I don't think a doctorate has ever stopped anyone from sh*tposting, and it certainly won't stop me. Grin

Plus, one additional positive is that I get a chance to see one of my favorite poster sig images more often.   Smiley

Awww yeah, it is a really cool image tbh. I've had it for God knows how long but I still don't want to change it because it's that good.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies