Regional Protection Party (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 05:03:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Regional Protection Party (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Regional Protection Party  (Read 164505 times)
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« on: February 27, 2009, 03:25:06 AM »

I do not believe that PiT knowingly and willingly intended to harm the RPP, and I'd recommend that the RPP forgive him and keep him.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 12:28:26 PM »

I think we really need to cool it here. Sure we all need to pay attention and make sure that Xahar doesn't assume too much power, that's perfectly reasonable.

But come on...he's just an obsessed kid, and I don't really think we have that much to worry about (we meaning Atlasia...obviously a different story for people being actively harrassed by him, which it appears is happening).

The guy only has as much power as we give him.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 02:01:22 PM »

I welcome any RPP support in the upcoming election.

Although we have many ideological differences, we have managed to work together on several pieces of legislation, and I think that's worked out really well.

I did not publicly seek the RPP's endorsement as I do not believe it to be very fair towards my own party and its members, but as said, I welcome support and votes from people of all parties and ideologies that believe that I can work well with them to reach common goals.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 04:30:43 PM »

You said somebody should tell everybody to vote Franzl. I did just that.

I have no problem with that Wink
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2009, 09:46:48 AM »

When are we going to decide on a final strategy for October?

December seems to be a go with myself and Hamilton running as at-large with the focus again being to take down Afleitch
I strongly oppose the strategy of focusing on eliminating Afleitch. I think our goal should simply be to get 2 Senators in, no matter who they replace.

That would seem like a more mature, professional way to do things.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2009, 10:41:15 AM »

I would really prefer to get 2nd preferences because people think I'm the next best candidate to their primary choice....not just to take revenge on another candidate Smiley
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2009, 12:29:02 PM »

The RPP reminds me of the GOP.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2009, 01:01:20 PM »

APA: Authoritarian Party of Atlasia
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2009, 01:41:03 PM »

You're right. So second preferences won't end up meaning much either.

You seem to not understand how the STV voting system works.

If your 2nd preferenced RPP candidate is not elected, then all his votes would go to your 3rd preferenced candidate.

Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2009, 01:46:47 PM »

You're right. So second preferences won't end up meaning much either.

You seem to not understand how the STV voting system works.

If your 2nd preferenced RPP candidate is not elected, then all his votes would go to your 3rd preferenced candidate.

Assuming the 3rd preferenced candidate is still in the race. Otherwise it goes to the 4th preferenced candidate. That is fairly important in this situation, since Vepres might not have a large enough base to edge out the second RPPer in 1st preferences.

Yes, but my point is that it is incorrect to believe that lower preferences will be irrlevant simply because the 2nd preferenced candidate is not elected, which Brandon seemed to be indicating (if it wasn't meant that way, I apologize)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies