State Your Positions (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 01:00:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  State Your Positions (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: State Your Positions  (Read 17898 times)
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: July 19, 2004, 07:42:32 PM »
« edited: July 19, 2004, 07:57:43 PM by nclib »

Abortion:

I support a woman's right to make a personal decision about her pregnancy. I oppose the "partial-birth" abortion ban and spousal notification, and support federal funding when necessary.

Iraq:

I opposed the invasion of Iraq, and will continue to oppose it for the following reasons:

-many civilian deaths
-disruption of international alliances
-occupation of Iraq takes money away from domestic programs

Tax Cuts:

I feel taxes are necessary to support government programs, and I support raising taxes on the rich.

Gun Control

I support increased gun control, and an outright ban on certain weapons that are not used for hunting.

Education:

I oppose vouchers, especially those that would end up giving public money to religious schools.

Religion:

I support a full separation of church and state, including but not limited to opposing: organized school prayer, public displays of the Ten Commandments, Faith Based Initiatives, and support removing 'God' from the Pledge of Allegiance and money. (In regards to the Pledge, I am against it in its entirety, but would allow schools to decide.)

Homeland Security:

Security is important, but government should be cautious to protect civil liberties. Opposed to the Patriot Act.

Civil Liberties:

I believe affirmative action is necessary in order to compensate for past/current discrimnination. In addition, I support repeal of the "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy, as it prevents gays from being open about their sexuality.

Gay Marriage:

I support same-sex marriage, in name with all the benefits of heterosexual marriage.

Death Penalty:

I support abolishing capital punishment.
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2004, 07:59:17 PM »

Other Civil Liberties:

Spend the money that's used for enforcement in the drug war, on prevention. Hard drugs are ammunition for gangs, we need to disarm them. People serving time for non violent drug offences should be freed, we can save a lot of money.

Agreed.
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2004, 08:01:53 PM »

i'm a card carrying member of the ACLU

So am I, as you can tell by my signature. Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies