State Your Positions (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 07:56:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  State Your Positions (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: State Your Positions  (Read 17892 times)
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: July 20, 2004, 03:15:58 PM »
« edited: July 22, 2004, 11:04:15 AM by Miamiu1027 »

Abortion:

In the first three months, abortions legal.  After that, only for the health of the mother.

Iraq:

A mistake, but we can't cut and run, that would have some serious long-term consequences.

Tax Cuts:

Middle class tax cut, raise on the rich.

Gun Control:

Background checks, safety classes, etc.  No gun if you have a blemish on your record, so to speak.

Educations:

Tough call.

Religion:

Should be legal.

Homeland Security:

Get rid of the color system!

Other Civil Liberties:

Review the Patriot Act, keep AA.

Gay Marriage:

In favor of marraige rights to gays but the states should be able to decide.

Death Penalty:

Keep but use rarely, mostly just as a threat than a punishment.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2005, 03:54:53 PM »

Abortion: Legal within 90 days of conception.

Iraq:It was an expensive mistake (in both life and money) to go in, and I'd have voted against the resolution in Oct 2002.  However, we can't leave now and I support all funding necessary to complete the job as soon as possible.

Tax Cuts: Bush's tax cuts did the reverse of what should be done; a middle class and lower class tax cut should be drafter and not one that gives a disproportionate amount to the upper classes.

Gun Control: In theory, I'm in support of gun control, but I realize criminals won't let the law get in the way of gun possession.  But I still support background checks, mandatory trigger locks, etc. 

Educations:  Against vouchers.  Do what we can to make sure public schools are funded properly and are effective; education is a fundemental right.

Religion: I'm an atheist.  But hell, if it's your thing, go ahead and pray to your lord.  It's a free country--just don't impose your views on others.

Homeland Security:  The homeland is secure.

Other Civil Liberties:  Do what you like.  Just don't hurt anybody.

Gay Marriage:  I personally support full marraige rights to gay couples.  It's a state-by-state government issue, too.

Death Penalty: Support as an option for first-degree murder and mass murder, etc.  But personally, if I killed someone, I'd rather die within a few years than spend 50 years in a jail cell, wouldn't you?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies