Trump reverses position on torture, killing terrorists' families (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 12:35:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump reverses position on torture, killing terrorists' families (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump reverses position on torture, killing terrorists' families  (Read 1909 times)
yankeesfan
« on: March 04, 2016, 04:49:44 PM »

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/04/politics/donald-trump-reverses-on-torture/index.html

Republican front-runner Donald Trump said Friday that he would not order the U.S. military to violate international laws to fight terrorism, a stark reversal from his statements at Thursday's Republican debate.

Trump said in a statement that he understands "that the United States is bound by laws and treaties" and said he would "not order our military or other officials to violate those laws and will seek their advice on such matters."

He added, "I will not order a military officer to disobey the law. It is clear that as president I will be bound by laws just like all Americans and I will meet those responsibilities."

------------------

Apparently he now realizes that you can't order the military to conduct unlawful actions like killing the families of terrorists
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies