Copyright Policy (UPDATED: ALL PLAYERS READ!) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 10:30:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Copyright Policy (UPDATED: ALL PLAYERS READ!) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Copyright Policy (UPDATED: ALL PLAYERS READ!)  (Read 3586 times)
Dereich
YaBB God

« on: January 24, 2020, 11:10:52 AM »
« edited: January 24, 2020, 01:23:58 PM by Dereich »

Friends,

I know this will be unpopular but I really am going to have to start taking more action on the photographs used on this board, as I've been seeing a lot of images not allowed under the policy. This is especially relevant for people playing or hosting a game involving modern politicians.

The requirement is NOT that any image must be attributed. Per Dave's instructions, if you want to include an image, it must be either User Created or In the Public Domain. Attributing a copyrighted photo does not make it ok to use.

Public Domain images include:

Things created by the government.
Images under a Creative Commons License (this is usually where Wikimedia Commons comes in)
Works where the copyright has expired (mostly images of works created prior to 1923)

A great way to find public domain images is through Google Images and clicking either Tools or Advanced Image Search. Just sort for "Labeled for non-commercial use" and you should be good to go. For example, if I wanted a public domain photograph of Marco Rubio I would get this.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies