Your hot button issue (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 01:12:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Your hot button issue (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Your hot button issue  (Read 11834 times)
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

« on: March 01, 2005, 04:06:08 PM »

What about the left-wing California judges who decided in favor of liberal michael newdau in banning the pledge of alliegence in public schools?

The judges in this case were right.

No, I think they were left Smiley.

Failure to protect the life for all citizens (who have not been convicted in a court of law) from the time of conception to natrual death.

Attacks on Religious Freedom.

Attacks on Digital Freedoms.

Wasteful and Unconstitutional spending.

Raising my taxes and lowering corporate taxes.
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2005, 06:30:28 PM »

Failure to protect the life for all citizens (who have not been convicted in a court of law) from the time of conception to natrual death.

These dependent cells aren't citizens.  Heck Mexicans aren't citizens and they're actual human beings.

Mexicans who do not follow proper immigration procedures should not be in the country in the first place. Citizenship does not start until birth. But it should start at conception.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

No such thing.  We secularists are trying to defend our right not to have your disgusting practices and primitive rites shoved down our throats in the public forum and on the public dime.
[/quote]

In a sense we fight for the same thing. I want my right to practice my religion and your lack of religion could just as easily be considered "disgusting practices and primitive rites" and that you are shoving secularism down our throats. The real question is where does the line between endorsing and restricting religion begin.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Do you mean like the latest attempt at censorship by the GOP?
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050301/ap_on_go_co/congress_indecency_1
[/quote]

I'm sure that would be one of them. The Digital Millenium Copyright Act (1998 or 1999, passed the Senate 99-0) is the first one that comes to mind. But this is both parties, not just the Republicans. Keep in mind though that most of California (which is heavily liberal) has been on the wrong side of these type of issues as well (since Hollywood is in California). This also ties into my fifth point about rich corporations. They have the money to get things like that passed as well as getting thier tax rate lowered.

And some people wonder why I voted for neither Bush nor Kerry.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies