Bernie Sanders - Mcdowell County, WV MSNBC Towhall - Airing on 13th March (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 01:58:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Bernie Sanders - Mcdowell County, WV MSNBC Towhall - Airing on 13th March (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bernie Sanders - Mcdowell County, WV MSNBC Towhall - Airing on 13th March  (Read 1894 times)
Shadows
YaBB God
« on: March 13, 2017, 12:30:30 AM »

The event is hosted by MSNBC and will air at 8 p.m. Monday during “All In with Chris Hayes.”

In a phone interview Friday, Sanders told the Gazette-Mail he was drawn to McDowell County after he visited the area in May while campaigning. During the last visit, he did not expect many people to show up at the event, but almost 250 attended. Sanders was the first presidential candidate since John F. Kennedy to visit the county.

“While McDowell County has its share of problems, it’s not alone,” Sanders said. “It’s reflective of thousands of rural communities throughout the country.”

About 50 people crowded around Sanders after the public session to greet him and talk. Several had their pictures taken with him.

Apparently has already been shot ! Please post Videos/Comments in this thread as soon as it airs !
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 08:19:15 PM »
« Edited: March 13, 2017, 08:22:19 PM by Shadows »

Ignoring the you are a Republican, White/Black & various irrelevant discussions, I think people are missing the point completely.

Bernie had 2 MSNBC Townhalls - 1) WI (GE Trump County) with Working class people, 2) McDowell County, WV (GE Trump County) with Working class coal country people who are suffering from poverty.

I don't think people are getting the point - He is trying to get a coherent economic message & vision about rural areas, poverty, working class issues. He went for the Mississippi march with Black people. I don't why on earth do people look at everything from a "Identity" Card laden vision - WV had white people, MS had black. He is going everywhere possible - To Middle & Working class folks. Many people in McDowell county were happy that a big national stature politician came to visit them & had empathy even when they felt abandoned by their local politicians. At the very least, it gives a feeling of reaching out, hearing concerns.

I am sure Bernie will continue to do many Townhalls. Personally I would suggest one in Flint to show everyone where it stands today. He is trying to build a strong progressive movement which will probably not help him electorally anyways.

And about the place having more Sanders voters than Trump, you can't help that because many loyal Sanders would end up coming just to see him & many Trump fans might not come. I think MSNBC still will try to put more questions from Trump fans to somewhat balance the issue like they did in WI!
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2017, 10:03:42 PM »

Tax rates used to be 91% during FDR, Eisenhower, Truman etc days for decades & 70% during LBJ, Nixon, Carter, Ford etc. For decades that was the highest tax rate. And it had VERY high economic growth which had very even distribution of wealth.

Ever since Reagan's Trickle Down, the Middle class is collapsed. It has been one of the biggest failures ever.

Anyways have people seen the Townhall - It is amazing & I think better than the Wisconsin one.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 10:26:08 PM »

Can people still stick to the topic & avoid side discussions ?
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2017, 10:49:12 PM »

Can people still stick to the topic & avoid side discussions ?

What do you want to talk about?  Bernie visited West Virginia.  He is not done with his 15 minutes.  This is further evidence that the Democrats all of a sudden think they need to appeal to rural whites.  How much further can we take the discussion on Bernie's WV trip?

Did you watch the Townhall? What do you think of the Miners Protection Act - Senate Bill 175?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies