The National Weekly Atlasian (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 02:21:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The National Weekly Atlasian (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The National Weekly Atlasian  (Read 172518 times)
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« on: December 05, 2008, 12:11:31 AM »

Benconstine Center of Controversy
by South Park Conservative

After I posted that information a few hours ago of a prominent SDPer waiting to enter the Senate race, I received a PM from "Ben Constine" asking who the SDPer was. Trusting his confidentiality I replied back to him who it was. Two minutes later, NWA co-editor Xahar asked me the same question, and I replied back. Four minutes later, I received a PM from Constine claiming that he never sent me a PM. I initially suspected Xahar of hacking Constine's account, but for now I have given him the benefit of the doubt. If anyone knows anything about this, please contact me.

UPDATE: Benconstine sent me a private message claiming he was just stirring things up. However, he sent me a PM later claiming that that was someone else. As this point, I'm inclined to agree with the former viewpoint.

Benconstine is doing a Robin Hayes.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2008, 10:42:58 PM »

Well seeing as I was never projected to win any of my previous elections I guess I am in a good position right now. Go underdog!
Wink

Never thought the day would come that the JCPer wasn't projected to win an election in the Pacific, eh? I should crunch the numbers & project the outcome myself.

We know what happened with the Northeast and the NLC.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 01:04:02 AM »
« Edited: December 09, 2008, 01:09:33 AM by General Secretary MaxQue »

Even me I have some information on your future plans and I don't hacked anything.

You know, everybody has secret sources.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 08:25:28 PM »

Can we stop with this ridiculous witch hunt already? There's no proof of it, the only people screaming about his guilt are people who already dislike Xahar, and as much as I like Ben and his threads, this does seem like something he might do anyway.
Ridiculous, just because you may have missed the last incident doesn't mean it didn't happen
[/quote

I don't see what the last incident has to do in that ''thing''. We have no proof than Xahar did that. It is like requesting a jail term for a robbery when we have ''he already stealed'' as only proof. Ridiculous.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 08:53:36 PM »
« Edited: December 09, 2008, 08:55:23 PM by General Secretary MaxQue »

Actually Mr. Que, Xahar admitted to hacking the RPP forum

I don't see what the last incident has to do in that ''thing''. We have no proof than Xahar did that. It is like requesting a jail term for a robbery when we have ''he already stealed'' as only proof. Ridiculous.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2008, 12:33:28 AM »

What does this image is supposed to exprim?
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2008, 12:41:23 AM »

December Senate Elections Shaping to Be Uneventful

As the whole hacking controversy has revealed, Former Lt. Gov of the Southeast Andy Jackson is considering a run, and would be likely to generate support from all three of the major Atlasian parties if he ran.

That I highly doubt. After all, this is Andy Jackson we are talking about.

Seconded. While the revelation of the PM I sent was unpleasant, I stand by what was written.

Thirded. We already have our candidates and I don't think than we should endorse somebody than voted for the RPP last time and who give us his last preference.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2008, 01:49:52 PM »

This will also have bad effects on the Social Democratic Party, of which xahar was a major leader, and its party membership previously denied he had ever hacked Ben's account.

We denied because no proofs existed at that time. A person is not guilty until than the crime is proved. Now, it is proved and we call Xahar to quit the SDP immediately.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2008, 03:00:50 AM »

Will he have any writing emphasis or just do breaking news?

Also, I advise him writing about his own prosecution except in editorials previously run by Peter.

He's a member of our staff, so he is free to do both. However, his opinions do not reflect those of the paper.

So, who is a member of your staff now?
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2008, 03:41:13 AM »

I somehow doubt that the National Weekly Atlasian has a neoconservative bias.

Hardly. I have been staunchly opposed to any foreign intervention since I started the paper. As for a conservative bias, I have tried to be an objective reporter since I started the paper, and have been very welcome to any leftists willing to co-edit it, as my invitation to Xahar demonstrated. However, as of late, more rightists have contributed to the paper than leftists, and prior to recently, this paper was a one-man operation.

I'm sure than some of us on the left side would like to help on that newspaper.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2009, 08:48:41 PM »

Who Will Run in the Pacific?

Torie's unexpected retirement has put the Pacific Senate seat into play, and we don't even know who the candidates are yet. At first glance, one would think that Governor Cultureking would be the frontrunner. However, given that he resigned his Senate seat only a few months ago to obtain the governorship, I doubt he would run for Senate again. Lt. Governor Alcon might be a candidate as well, but given that he didn't want the governorship, I doubt he would want the Senate seat either. If Cultureking and Alcon don't run, than who will?

Someone from the SDP?
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2009, 10:22:02 PM »

I want to confirm to this august publication that I won't be running and that listing me as a potential candidate will result in a libel action.

When did I list you as a potential candidate?

He says than if you list him as a candidate, he will sue you for libel.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2009, 11:28:04 PM »

I want to confirm to this august publication that I won't be running and that listing me as a potential candidate will result in a libel action.

While I am fairly certain that he is joking, I wonder what are the Atlasian laws concerning libel? Obviously if they are based on American laws, there would be no case to make against SPC, though that would be different if they were based on English laws.

All our laws are Americans laws, unless we amended them.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2009, 12:47:59 AM »

While I am fairly certain that he is joking, I wonder what are the Atlasian laws concerning libel? Obviously if they are based on American laws, there would be no case to make against SPC, though that would be different if they were based on English laws.

All our laws are Americans laws, unless we amended them.

I know, though I was too lazy to see if we amended that. Tongue

Southeast tried with the ''Libel Initiative'' but that failed.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2009, 09:03:29 PM »

Well, I strongly endorse AndrewCT then.

I will not endorse Duke for reasons that are oblivous. If the SDP endorse him, I will resign. The SDP will endorse somebody before the election.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2009, 09:19:35 PM »

I will not endorse Duke for reasons that are oblivous. If the SDP endorse him, I will resign. The SDP will endorse somebody before the election.

Do you mean AndrewCT and obvious?

I mean obvious and Duke. That is clear than I will not endorse Duke since all opposes us. For now, you can see that like an AndrewCT endorsement. If other candidates enter in the race I may change my choice.

BaconKing/Duke would have an higher preference than Duke/BaconKing, for me.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2009, 09:48:14 PM »

Who Will Run in the Pacific?

Torie's unexpected retirement has put the Pacific Senate seat into play, and we don't even know who the candidates are yet. At first glance, one would think that Governor Cultureking would be the frontrunner. However, given that he resigned his Senate seat only a few months ago to obtain the governorship, I doubt he would run for Senate again. Lt. Governor Alcon might be a candidate as well, but given that he didn't want the governorship, I doubt he would want the Senate seat either. If Cultureking and Alcon don't run, than who will?

bgwah?
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2009, 11:56:01 PM »

Do you mean AndrewCT and obvious?

I mean obvious and Duke. That is clear than I will not endorse Duke since all opposes us. For now, you can see that like an AndrewCT endorsement. If other candidates enter in the race I may change my choice.

BaconKing/Duke would have an higher preference than Duke/BaconKing, for me.

As for the SDP, I never said I oppose the party. On the contrary, I've said that I'd like to work with the SDP in the future. I did oppose the party when Mr. Xahar was around hacking into personal property of Mr. Constine and Mr. Brandon H. It bothered me that the party stood by him until the bitter end without listening to any advice.

For the record, I dislike Mr. Xahar and his actions, not the SDP. You said yourself that Xahar =/ the SDP. I'm sorry you feel that way. If you do oppose me, please do it on accurate grounds and not false ones like the one you listed.

And I would like to work with the RPP party in the future. I don't oppose the party, I oppose some policies. I am sure than we will be able, all parties together, a compromise on regional issues. You are a party for regional rights, regardless of the left-right position and we are a party for left people, regardless of their position on regional rights.

For Xahar, all was said. I say again than everybody is not guilty until proven guilty. We believed Xahar, that was an error. I had confiance in Xahar and I was deceived.

I retire my opposition, but I still a difficulty to support your policies. It would depend of the campaign.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2009, 08:27:19 PM »

How many elections does this make where the JCP has been in the executive office? (Ebowed + Bgwah)?

Since the beginning of the Keystone Phil administration. In other words, it's been almost one year since the last time there was no JCPers in the White House.

Thanks to zombie voters!
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2009, 11:43:11 PM »

I've been complaining about the inherent un-democracy of the Pacific for years, but do people listen?  Noooo... Wink

Problems would be fixed if activities requirements were increased.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2009, 12:06:19 AM »

I've been complaining about the inherent un-democracy of the Pacific for years, but do people listen?  Noooo... Wink

Problems would be fixed if activities requirements were increased.

A third of your vote is from someone who hadn't posted in 11 days and is the duplicate account of a troll.

I know. I never asked him to vote for me, by the way. I also think than he should be banned. I am not responsible for him turning out, unlike you and your inactive voters, than we will not see until next regional election.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2009, 01:08:07 AM »

There is one in a runoff and perhaps one after the special election for replacing Al.

That is the problem of regional elections. Parties who have a spread support lose.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2009, 01:26:01 AM »

I crunched the numbers for turnout by party:
9/24 SDPers voted, or 37.5%

SDP's turnout fail.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2009, 11:45:14 PM »

In the end it really came down to the arrogance you showed toward assuming you had this job.
I'm sorry that I assumed that giving my party line to you over another qualified candidate, dead0man, was certainly enough for a PPT vote.

I don't see what you don't understand in ''PPT is a NON-PARTISAN office.''

Non-partisan means than parties are not relevant to the office and to the election. There is no thing like a party in a PPT election. People should vote the better candidate, not for the party, since a PPT takes no issues and policies decisions. He is only managing the Senate.

If you don't understand that, I'm not sure than you will be an impartial, fair and good PPT, who will work for Atlasia and for the Senate and not for his party.

I'm not a senator, but this is my point of view.

Please don't play low-level politics like ''I endorsed you, now support me''. That is a little bit too ''machine politics''.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2009, 11:16:35 PM »

I think than the problem for many people is than DWTL is too passionated by the issues to be the PPT.

A good PPT needs to be neutral or almost neutral. DWTL is too passionated to be a good PPT. He is too intense. Being too intense is not a problem. It is even a assess when you are in the Senate. To be a good PPT, DWTL would need to be less intense about issues and this is not a good idea. I also think than AL was too intense for being PPT. The perfect PPT would be very active but low-profile.

Being the chief of a party and being PPT at the same time seems to be a bad idea, when you are an effective chief like DWTL.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies