Election 2024: Six Months Out
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 05:45:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Election 2024: Six Months Out
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Election 2024: Six Months Out  (Read 254 times)
DS0816
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 01, 2024, 12:00:09 PM »

Now that May 2024 has arrived, this topic is six months from the general election for November 5, 2024.

I am, at this point, predicting a 2024 Republican pickup for U.S. President. That Donald Trump, the 45th president of the United States, will win re-election to a second term to become the 47th U.S. president. After having been unseated in 2020, by current and 46th president of the United States Joe Biden, Trump will return the favor—as had previously played out in Elections 1888 and 1892 between Grover Cleveland and Benjamin Harrison—in this rematch.

I am predicting a Republican Trifecta. But, for the time being, this topic addresses U.S. President.

The above map has a color key as follows: Solid shades are 2020-to-2024 party holds. Light shades are 2020-to-2024 party switches (pickups).

My guess, with an outcome of 31 carried states, plus Maine’s 2nd Congressional District, and 312 electoral votes is pretty common. It would be the much-reported “Swing States”: a Republican hold of North Carolina and Republican pickups of six other states (alphabetically, they are: Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Nevada, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin).

U.S. Popular Vote
🔵 Biden 46%
🔴 Trump 49%
🟣 Others 5%

Anything more to address—such as state margins—will be in a separate topic. An update may come at a later date as we move closer to November 5, 2024. This specific topic is for this particular timing: Six Months Out.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2024, 12:08:19 PM »

More seems like this is the absolute best case for Trump. In the range of somewhat realistic scenarios. Or basically if only go by current statewide polling while ignoring national polls and fundamentals.
Vern
vern1988
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.30, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2024, 12:41:11 PM »

I could see Biden and Trump splitting 3-3 the “big six”. Just not sure which one will fall which way.
DS0816
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2024, 03:01:40 PM »

I could see Biden and Trump splitting 3-3 the “big six”. Just not sure which one will fall which way.

They will all end up in the same party’s column.

(This is common…especially in a party-switch year.)
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2024, 05:54:08 AM »

More seems like this is the absolute best case for Trump. In the range of somewhat realistic scenarios. Or basically if only go by current statewide polling while ignoring national polls and fundamentals.

Minnesota could also flip if third party vote is high and weird things in Maine can also happen. I don't think it's the max, but it doesn't really matter for the overall picture and is unlikely anyways.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies